HiI would expect that the org structure will let us find each other and show Friendly on IFF.
A station would be a tempting and all too immobile a target.
Came up with another question. Will NPC capital ships have persistent damage and supply stores across instances? So if Pitchfork Instance 1 is a fighter sweep of a Vanduul carrier that also knocks out some of its turrets, will Instance 2 bombers be faced with a repaired and fully replenished Vanduul carrier with its full fighter compliment?
2. Are the Vanduul linked to the dynamic economy?This will tell us if the Vanduul are limited and if we can wear them down over time or if we have to smash them all at once. We need to understand how they "re-spawn" or more accurately how we limit it.3. Do the Vanduul move from system to system to respond to an attack?This will drive how we deploy. If the the Vanduul forces stay put, we can locally out number them and defeat them ion detail. I do not expect this to be the case. If they respond to attacks we can make them dance to our tune and force them to spread out and weaken key areas for fast assaults. The later case will make it more complex for us, but it will also let us use some really cool tactics to achieve local superiority4. Can we actually capture major Vanduul Assets? (i.e Carriers, stations and planets)Lore states that the Vanduul self destruct to prevent capture. Is this really the case or is there a chance for us to disable the SD prior to it going off. We could use a ship that could land any ship in our fleet and it would also take it away from the VanduulThese are my four, please feel free to add to the listCheers
Many good questions here. I have a few of my own:1. Will there be a wipe after the last beta, yes or no?CR answered this question is one of the "10 for the Chairman" episodes, but it was not a clear answer.2. Will there be endless waves of Vanduuls meeting us in a Vanduul system or will it stop after a certain amount of enemy waves?The problem with endless waves of Vanduuls is first and foremost that we can't jump until all opposition is defeated. So, for example, if we jump into Tiber and face endless waves of enemies, we can't jump into Orion. Plus, if the enemy waves are endless, the end result is given: we lose.3. How many NPC's, players, and wingmen can one ship owner bring into and instance?For instance, can I bring my Idris-M with 8 player/NPC crew, two hornets with pilots, and 4 hornets as wingmen?4. Will NPC's of various quality be up for sale before the last beta? What about advanced repair bots, missiles of different types, space mines, etc.?5. Will players flying Scythes show up on our radar as friendlies (blue marker)?6. Will our efforts have any impact on the future in Star Citizen? For instance, will we be able to hold Orion after liberating it, and will the sacking of Earth by the Vanduul be weaker, or perhaps not take place at all, compared to if we didn't do Operation Pitchfork?I may have further question to add later.
If you help capture one of those Vanduul Carriers for me during the operation, it will probably not take that long
No, I won't be doing or helping with that in Operation Pitchfork, sorry. It has nothing to do with you or anyone specific participant in OP.I think it'll be a waste of time.
1. I doubt it'll be possible to capture a Vanduul capitol ship in the beta (maybe later).2. Even if you manage to disable such a ship, I doubt the mechanics for boarding it will be in place, since CIG probably won't have had time to make the interiors finished yet.3. I doubt such a ship would be flyable (for us) in the game, at least not until very long after the beta.
IMO it's not just a waste of time in OP, it's also going to draw resources diectly away from the main goal. We'll use up huge amount of resources to try and capture some few ships. Resources that would be better used in fighting off the Vanduuls.So I've been against the capturing idea since day one. For the same reason I'm against ground operations in the main operation. That can wait until we've secured the main goal: liberating Orion.
Well in that case, the moving of 57 ships will take significantly longer
While I myself actually agree with you in that in my opinion the main priority is also to take back and subsequently securing Orion, the main goal as set out by Sailor is to make it epic and fun and if some achieve that by charging into a carrier filled with a thousand Vanduul, then good for the chaps that are willing to attempt it, I hope they can succeed It is their own rescources, no one is going to force other players to join up with that specific mission (or any mission for that matter).
LOL! I understand .... Yes, you're right. I keep thinking in a military manner and forgetting that we're a bunch of unorganized civilians who do what they please and most don't take orders from nobody. So I guess I'll have to accept many will have their own projects in OP.
What would you like to do in the operation?
1. Just how stealthy can it be?
2. Can I fit a jump drive on it since it's a carrier based fighter?
3. How much range does it have?
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 27 queries.