Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Operation: Pitchfork as a Star Citizen Org questions. (Read 4255 times) previous topic - next topic

• Vetera
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • The Savior
Re: Operation: Pitchfork as a Star Citizen Org questions.
Reply #25

Well yes and no, everyone who wants to join and organize may do so in their own way by joining the org or outside it with any outfit they choose. However it is a place where we all can meet and discuss plans and start organizing

As for being an org only for the attack, I personally would like it if it was also a sort of veteran's club afterwards ;-)

Yeah. I'm not saying people should join as a requirement, but I, personally, think it's better to join. And a Vet' club would be amazing. Since there's a chance no one will make medals or anything for ingame for us :<
"A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act."
- Mahatma Gandhi

• Viking
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #26

Well yes and no, everyone who wants to join and organize may do so in their own way by joining the org or outside it with any outfit they choose. However it is a place where we all can meet and discuss plans and start organizing

As for being an org only for the attack, I personally would like it if it was also a sort of veteran's club afterwards ;-)

I agree that it's better join the org. to be available when planning and other organizing are done. That's why I joined the org. on RSI.

With "This person is in the org," it should mean "there's a 98% chance they won't shoot me on purpose." Also, depending on abilities of being in am organization, we might be able to warp to each other, find each other, communicate entirely easier, etc etc

You're right it'll be easier to communicate etc. but I'm not sure if 98% of the fellowes in the org. is a friend in the way you think. Serious fifth columnists will probably try to get a better foothold inside the org. than outside, or in another org. like Operation Trident, although I think most of them will group up in orgs. like Operation Trident.

Master Bacon Maker

Reply #27
You're right it'll be easier to communicate etc. but I'm not sure if 98% of the fellowes in the org. is a friend in the way you think. Serious fifth columnists will probably try to get a better foothold inside the org. than outside, or in another org. like Operation Trident, although I think most of them will group up in orgs. like Operation Trident.

That is a risk to take into account indeed, though I would caution against too much paranoia. The difficulty is that potential Trident and Angry Farmer operations are currently not organized. That makes it difficult to identify and target them, though we can keep an eye out for the individuals who made themselves known on the forums.

I think the key is that we do not make the operation into 1 big push that can be easily thrown into disarray. But into dozens of sub-operations that have sufficient back-up plans in place  

• Viking
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #28

I think the key is that we do not make the operation into 1 big push that can be easily thrown into disarray. But into dozens of sub-operations that have sufficient back-up plans in place

Absolutely, I agree. We have to split up because of the instance limit anyway.
I don't have any illusion of seeing the Garron system full of OP ships when I jump in there, or that the jump point to Tiber will be a bottleneck with a long line of ships waiting to jump. It'll just be my group and perhaps a couple of other groups. Only the central server in CIG will know just how many there are and where they are.

For that reason I think it'd be a great help to have an in-game map where we could see where the others are in OP. Think of it as a map of just the Vanduul systems and bordering UEE systems, where we can watch blue and red dots in a bird view. CIG can remove that map after the OP is finished.
  • Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:37:26 AM by Viking

Master Bacon Maker

• Vetera
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • The Savior
Reply #29

Absolutely, I agree. We have to split up because of the instance limit anyway.
I don't have any illusion of seeing the Garron system full of OP ships when I jump in there, or that the jump point to Tiber will be a bottleneck with a long line of ships waiting to jump. It'll just be my group and perhaps a couple of other groups. Only the central server in CIG will know just how many there are and where they are.

For that reason I think it'd be a great help to have an in-game map where we could see where the others are in OP. Think of it as a map of just the Vanduul systems and bordering UEE systems, where we can watch blue and red dots in a bird view. CIG can remove that map after the OP is finished.

We will have all of Alpha and Beta for the master strategists to create a plan.
"A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Reply #30

THere have been talks with Zuur who is working on a new map system that sounds really promising and he has subsequently joined up  :)

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #31
Nice! hopefully he'll join up with the recon group. I'm sure it'll be a good opportunity for him to detail Tiber especially.
Tumbleweeds. A Lone Wolves inspired org.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TUMBLWEEDS