Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: OPPF Youtube Channel (Read 9226 times) previous topic - next topic

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
OPPF Youtube Channel
We've had someone create a Youtube channel for producing content for Operation Pitchfork, and now we've got a unified outlet for our video creativity! Some discussion has followed on Facebook about content, and here are some ideas that have been brought up:

We've got a couple people volunteering voice and video work. This is kind of a tenuous situation though, as real life happens, so videos or new uploaded content could be delayed, or quality could be drastically effected. So we could use some more volunteers, and every idea anyone has!

If you have the ability, and the inclination to assist, let it be know!

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Re: OPPF Youtube Channel
Reply #1
Gonna need a resource list for this as well...

• DTebbs87
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #2
Hey everyone I'm the guy that started the Youtube channel. We have a million and one ideas but we need a start point. Basically what I am thinking is that Ben's idea of:

• A series of videos that cover a single organization that has joined OPPF each week

IS the best way to get large groups of motivated people involved. I mean, what large clans/guilds don't want to get featured with awesome sexy videos on the newest and hippest SC channel on Youtube? ;)

Here is a link to the YouTube channel. No content for channel trailer yet.
  • Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:58:57 am by DTebbs87

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #3
Some more content ideas.

• Get To Know: Ships
    - We focus on the specifics of a ship, and highlight how they could be used for the operation. We'll need a lot of people helping with feedback for any episodes of this. Giving each ship a theme would be fun as well, if we can.

• Periodic Spotlight: Artists and Contributors
    - Every now and then, do something to focus on the people who have contributed art to the operation.

• DTebbs87
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #4

Some more content ideas.

• Get To Know: Ships
    - We focus on the specifics of a ship, and highlight how they could be used for the operation. We'll need a lot of people helping with feedback for any episodes of this. Giving each ship a theme would be fun as well, if we can.

• Periodic Spotlight: Artists and Contributors
    - Every now and then, do something to focus on the people who have contributed art to the operation.

Great and even better. I know that I would adore both ideas as a fan and am sure there are a million people out there who would as well. This is a good way to encourage contributions and reward them.
  • Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:08:48 pm by DTebbs87

Reply #5
Hi all,

I did a few little audio clips and submitted them to DTebbs87.  I'm a pilot in real life and I've also been a crew chief for an airshow team.  I know a fair bit of operational type stuff and can throw a scifi twist on it. I also play a fair bit of Kerbal Space Program so i know some basic orbital mechanics. :-)

Here is just a one take rough approach clearance I whipped up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9Ica0YjUnlTTl5YkNfd050WGc/edit?usp=sharing

-edit- There is actually a forks beacon where I did my IFR training.
Icarus_Above

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #6
I like it! A little enthusiastic for a clearance request, but it's good voice work none-the-less!

I remember having to do radio calls for runway crossings. I was always stressing out when I had to do it, especially on more active runways.

Kerbal Space Program is awesome.

Reply #7
Ha yeah.  I used to joke around with my tone when I was in the sim or in uncontrolled airspace.  My boss started calling me a radio announcer lol.
Icarus_Above

Reply #8
Icarus_Above

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #9
Well, we could definitely use some of that stuff for background chatter for cockpit scenes or other stuff, and if you don't mind doing voice-over work, that'd be pretty great as well.

Reply #10
Love the idea and I'm happy to support it where I can. I think video media will be crucial to our efforts of recruitment for the cause and publicity.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #11
Oh, for sure. Video is a good way to get people pumped up about a thing more than text can. So far I think we're gathering the resources and the people together to work on an in-house department for this sort of stuff quite nicely.

We'll have to come up with a plan to streamline the process, but hopefully as we get some made, we'll learn how to get them done faster. We might even start to get people on board to assist after a few have been produced.

• DTebbs87
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #12
Add me on Skype @ ConsortiumCzar and you can be part of the YT channel skype chat.

Certain parts of my posts in this thread may be "redacted" as this project moves along.
  • Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:37:17 am by DTebbs87

Reply #13
How about an add from a pirate?  Again, very rough and didn't spend much time on it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9Ica0YjUnldEVBemo0RzQxZ00/edit?usp=sharing
Icarus_Above

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #14
Just ridiculous enough to work XD

Reply #15
Yea pretty amusing :)

Reply #16
Cheers to Sailor67 for throwing up all of the vids on the channel so far in the main OPPF post on the SC forums.

Just in case you've missed it.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/60679/invading-vanduul-space-at-the-end-of-the-beta-operation-pitchfork/p164

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #17

How about an add from a pirate?  Again, very rough and didn't spend much time on it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9Ica0YjUnldEVBemo0RzQxZ00/edit?usp=sharing

Great idea! I'd overlooked the idea of having a pirate piece done. We'll definitely want some work aimed at that community for sure.

• Andy_H
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • NMC Ambassasdor.
Reply #18
Can someone tell me how to post youtube videos to this and the RSI forum? I mean I can do the link, but it shows as text, not the video image to click on.

Am wanting to do a video based on the song "I Need a Hero." Or more likely post a link to one already done, but a text based link is not very enticing.

Thanks.

• DTebbs87
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #19

Can someone tell me how to post youtube videos to this and the RSI forum? I mean I can do the link, but it shows as text, not the video image to click on.

Am wanting to do a video based on the song "I Need a Hero." Or more likely post a link to one already done, but a text based link is not very enticing.

Thanks.

You will want to grab the embed code from Youtube :)

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #20
Hey, everyone! I just got back this Friday, but I'm still recovering from all of my adventuring, so I'm taking it slow. But how is everyone doing on the Youtube side? Has anyone come up with any new ideas, or are working on any new content?

• Andy_H
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • NMC Ambassasdor.
Reply #21
Thanks DTebbs!

Yes, Benji I do, but I will have to wait for DFM to record content I think.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #22
Ok, so we can schedule ship recording for March, most likely. Do we have any resources right now that we can utilize? We have some great voices in our group. We should take advantage of that.

• Andy_H
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • NMC Ambassasdor.
Reply #23
Here is my first draft of a 'recruitment' video. Had to 'borrow' all the images from other games and TV for the time being.

[First draft deleted as a refined version is up and running.]
  • Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:58:33 am by Andy_H

• DTebbs87
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #24
Wow that's really freaking awesome! I think maybe it could lose a minute or two and be even more effective though

Still really freaking awesome though I can tell we're going to come up with some awesome stuff here