Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Jonais's Proposal (Read 2024 times) previous topic - next topic

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Jonais's Proposal
My proposal is to drive into Orion with as much force as necessary with Tiber being the secondary goal that we'll hit from two sides.

1) All assemble in Nul.
2) Make the initial drive into Caliban using all ships and pilots.
3) Once we secure Caliban we assess the difficulty.
4) We send enough Force into Orion from Caliban to take Orion (with the assumption that Orion will have the same difficulty as Caliban)
5) Leave a small force in Caliban to deal with any respawn/reinforcement that the Vanduul send.
6) Send the rest of the fleets to Garron to prep for an attack on Tiber.
7) Once all forces have assembled in Garron they hit Tiber from the Garron Jump Portal.
8) The forces in Orion will join the Tiber fight once Orion is secure and a small force left there for the same reason as Caliban.

I think this gives us the best chance of success overall while allowing us to progress the farthest. Obviously only the UEE neutral or better rep players will go to Garron in order to avoid any UEE entanglements.
Tumbleweeds. A Lone Wolves inspired org.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TUMBLWEEDS

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Re: Jonais's Proposal
Reply #1
Short and sweet and to the point. Pretty nice.

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #2
Yeah, no need to complicate things. We don't have any real intelligence at the moment. Once we do we can flesh out the details more. Short and sweet works well for mob actions, which is essentially what this is...

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #3
As with most of the others, its looks promising on paper but we can't really judge which is best until we get ingame and get our hands on some intel.

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #4
Agreed, but we have to keep in mind that the majority of our participants are going to be undisciplined and reluctant to take orders beyond attack in that general direction.

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #5
Indeed. The deciding factor will likely be the ratio of rabble to people willing to be organized.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #6
Let's not dismiss the "rabble" so quickly. If we do our jobs right with this site and produce an easy to operate resource for independents to utilize for communication purposes, they may surprise us all.

This is why we're putting the effort we are into developing a communication system for everyone to use who wants to that will be intuitive and simple, while still being effective. That's the core of planning for Pitchfork, the core of this site, regardless of the overall strategy of the invasion.

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #7
Fair point Ben.

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #8
Oh I wasn't dismissing them. Far from it. I've seen large groups of lone wolves do crazy things. From my experience
short, simple instructions are the best way to make a cohesive group out of lone wolves. Small groups of organization will do some of the more complex jobs, but the zerg will roll over the vanduul.

Reply #9
Why bother continuing for the tough Tiber fight when we have Orion, our objective?

Incidentally, I agree entirely with the Nul-Caliban-Orion axis of attack. I just don't see why we shouldn't just sit on Orion and Caliban and defend them, and allow people to raid connecting systems at will to disrupt any Vanduul counteroffensives.
United Space Confederation Envoy to Operation Pitchfork
Envoy, USC
XO, USC Defense Force Training Command
Member, USC Interstellar Commerce
Member, USC Expeditionary Corps
Member, USC Department of Aerospace Engineering

Aurora LX (Traveller's Tales)
Anvil F7C-M (Ares' Gauntlet)
Anvil Carrack (Grey-Eyed Goddess)
Aegis Vanguard (Hero for Hire)
Anvil Crucible (Rustoff)

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #10
Tiber is where their ship factories are which is one of our secondary objectives. It also has the added bonus of protecting one of our flanks if we can gain control of it.

Reply #11
If we take and hold Tiber, there are an additional two jump lanes through which the Vanduul can counterattack. If we hold Orion, and just content ourselves with raiding Tiber, there is only one. So, sure, raid the bejeezus out of Tiber, but we don't need to hold and garrison it.
Envoy, USC

Anvil Crucible (Rustoff)

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #12
One of the main goals of OPPF was to capture Vanduul construction technology for the players. Tiber is our best chance for that. We may not end up holding Tiber in the end, but we do have to make a big commitment to it anyways, if we have any hope of taking said tech.

Reply #13
I must have missed out on that memo. I thought the entire goal of OPF was to make the lizards pay, and liberate Orion.
Envoy, USC

Anvil Crucible (Rustoff)

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #14
Liberating Orion is the primary goal, but acquiring Vanduul manufacturing centers in order for players to possibly be able to get insured Scythes is a secondary goal and has been from the start. Kill Vanduul and liberate Orion is definitely priority one, however :D

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #15
Exactly.