Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: A Call for Volunteers (Read 10821 times) previous topic - next topic

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
A Call for Volunteers
Hello follow Forkers,

I have been keeping up with the Asset Roster (linked in my sig if you don't already know), and while I enjoy maintaining and managing it, it is a lot of work.  The next project I have in front of me as far as keeping it up to date is a little daunting, and I find myself short on time over the next few days, so I am putting this out there for anyone that would like to pitch in and be of assistance.

The Task:
My aim is to go through the original RSI post for Operation: Pitchfork and use the posts there to:

• Update existing entries that may be incomplete

• Add new entries that have only been posted in that thread

• Consolidate duplicate entries for single players under different names

What I would need people to do is to volunteer to take a certain range of pages, however many you would like to take, and go through each post to look for the ones that indicate interest or ships available.

Guidelines to follow:

• For each post that expresses interest, check to see whether the RSI Handle (Small grey name) and the Community Monicker (larger yellow name) of the user is already on the roster.  Use Ctrl+F to search the roster for specific words.

• If the RSI Handle is there but the Community Monicker is not, make sure ships and roles are up to date as indicated by the post.  Add roles, but don't remove them.

• If the Community Monicker is on the list, but not the RSI Handle, replace it with the RSI Handle, then make sure ships and roles are up to date as indicated by the post.  Again, add roles, but don't remove.

• If neither the Community Monicker or the RSI Handle are on the list, create a new entry at the bottom of the list with the information ascertainable by the post.  Apply the role of 'Pilot' only if a ship is mentioned.

• If both the Community Monicker (or the OP Username) and the RSI Handle are on the list, consolidate the combined resources, roles, and everything into the entry with the RSI Handle, then remove the Community Monicker (or OP Username) entry.  Do not consolidate or remove unless you can confirm that the entry is indeed a duplicate.  For example, there is an entry for RSI Handle Shankerz on the forum post that I suspect may be Shank on this site.  However, there is also an RSI Handle for a user called Shank.  I can't confirm beyond reasonable doubt that Shank here is not Shank on RSI, so I am leaving Shank and Shankerz on the roster for now. (Edit: I figured out the Shank situation)

You can check to see if an RSI Handle exists by going to https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/(Insert RSI Handle Here)

If you want to help, but can't spare the time to go through a few pages of the RSI thread, please at least check the roster to make sure your own entry is up to date and that the entry is under your RSI Handle.  If there are entries for your OP Username or RSI Community Monicker, please remove the duplicates.

If you are worried about damaging the roster, you needn't feel obligated to do this without asking questions.  I'd like anyone doing this to be fully informed before making any changes to the roster.  I can answer questions here, and will be taking the first 20 pages of the thread with the time that I have.  If anyone wants to take any other range of pages, please post here to reserve them so we don't have any overlap.

Thank you very much!

Pages spoken for:
1-20 - ArbitrarySketch (Complete)
21-25 - Benjamin_the_Rogue (Complete)
26-35 - Andy_H (Complete)
36-40 - Benjamin_the_Rogue (Complete)
41-60 - ArbitrarySketch (Complete)
61-70 - sailor67 (Complete)
71-85 - Benjamin_the_Rogue (Complete)
86-95 - ArbitrarySketch (Complete)
96-106 - ArbitrarySketch (Complete)
107-115 - Benjamin_the_Rogue (Complete)
116-135 - ArbitrarySketch (Complete)
136-145 - Benjamin_the_Rogue (Complete)
146-165 - ArbitrarySketch
166-175 - Benjamin_the_Rogue (Complete)
176-195 - Benjamin_the_Rogue (Complete)
  • Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:28:29 PM by ArbitrarySketch

Medals, Ribbons, T-Shirts, Patches, Coins, Pins available!!

Be sure to add your ships, resources, and organization to the Operation: Pitchfork Assets List

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Re: A Call for Volunteers
Reply #1
I've got a lot going on, but I'll take 21-25. Might be a hot minute before they are done, but when they are, I'll post here again.

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #2

I've got a lot going on, but I'll take 21-25. Might be a hot minute before they are done, but when they are, I'll post here again.
Awesome, thanks!

Be sure to add your ships, resources, and organization to the Operation: Pitchfork Assets List

• Andy_H
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • NMC Ambassasdor.
Reply #3
I'll take 26-35. Will probably work on them sometime next week due to a meet-n-greet this weekend.

• bah
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #4
I just went over the ones volunteering on Pathfinder's (Pathagarus) subscriber's den thread (https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/66783/operation-pitchfork#latest)

Change log:
Replaced LadyHawke moniker by Montie handle

Added Viking
Added mhe
Added Staroid
Added Koados
Added Daemon
Added Villaovi
Added Sway_Olosis
Added J_Rynere (there was already a Joab_Rynere on the list, any chance they're the same person, using two accounts?)
Added Kaal
Added Brokinarrow
Added Animadversor
Added Durindana

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #5

I just went over the ones volunteering on Pathfinder's (Pathagarus) subscriber's den thread (https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/66783/operation-pitchfork#latest)

Change log:
Replaced LadyHawke moniker by Montie handle

Added Viking
Added mhe
Added Staroid
Added Koados
Added Daemon
Added Villaovi
Added Sway_Olosis
Added J_Rynere (there was already a Joab_Rynere on the list, any chance they're the same person, using two accounts?)
Added Kaal
Added Brokinarrow
Added Animadversor
Added Durindana

Thanks for that, bah!  I looked and did not find Joab_Rynere as an existing RSI Handle or even an account on the OP Site, so I am assuming they added themselves under that name.  After a post search on RSI, I found information from J_Rynere that corresponded to what existed under Joab_Rynere, so I updated the entry with the correct RSI Handle.

• bah
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #6

I looked and did not find Joab_Rynere as an existing RSI Handle or even an account on the OP Site, so I am assuming they added themselves under that name.  After a post search on RSI, I found information from J_Rynere that corresponded to what existed under Joab_Rynere, so I updated the entry with the correct RSI Handle.

I hadn't thought of that, good call.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #7
Also, if anyone comes across any organization representative who is claiming that their group with be there to support this event, post that here as well, or PM me with the info. I've been in contact with a lot of the different organizations, and want to make sure I've been able to direct all of the volunteer groups to the JO Board.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #8
Pages 21-25 C/W.

Here's the list of changes I've made.

Added-
Iceheart
Malkara_SG
theklaatu
Alba2014
Dark_Star
ltenerccio (no ship info)
Kozakh
Bearcat (No Ship Info)
Teyla_Shepard
Astroniomix (no ship info)
leofidus-ger (no ship info)
Ebsilyon
Loroth (no ship info)
Steppin-Razor
transfat
Gundam
sC3
lyeos_maouli (no ship info)
Mofomaxx
DuggeDank (no ship info)
5by5 (no ship info)
Dak_Tannon (no ship info)
Mirtillone
stormingkiwi (no ship info)
VoodooShark
Mitsurugi
RX0
Kraxous
Bloody-Hypocrite (no ship info)
RagingBear (no ship info)

Modified-
Dalix (More Ships)
Harker (Changed it to bharker. There's another Harker who has not visited anything OPPF related)

Added, But Unsure If Participating -
skavier470
Sesiom
Gwilym_Adama

Removed -
Cpt. Darkstar (Dark_Star's double)
  • Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 10:12:06 PM by Benjamin the Rogue

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #9
Thanks so much, this is very helpful! :D

• Andy_H
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • NMC Ambassasdor.
Reply #10
Completed data entry for RCI pages 26-35.

According to my training from working at a museum (habits die hard), whenever someone just said "I'm in," I put 'Not Specified' as their role for accuracy. Feel free to alter this.

The following are my notes:

Pg 26- Entries for Raven and Nickodeemus may be the same person. However there are no posts that this person made to indicate either for or against this conclusion. The records are not similar enough to draw a conclusion as well. UNALTERED.

Pg. 27- Dragkn- "Have bomber, will travel." SHIP NOT ADDED as model type was not specified.
            ibrasteel- NOT ADDED due to possible sarcastic nature. "I will attend with Aurora Idris I never had." Please review for confirmation.
            Methos-  Entry "Miithos" indicates possible misspelling. NOT ADDED due to a Constellation related post he made indicating an owned Connie matching what our records indicate.

Pg. 29- Quinnell- Had a list of ships included in his signature, but did not specify what he would pledge. SHIPS NOT ADDED. Ships were: Constellation, 300i, Freelancer, Hornet, Aurora LX.

Pg. 30- TarCtiC- Also did not specify which ships would be included. SHIPS NOT ADDED. Constellation, Hornet, 315.

Pg 33- Cyphre- NOT ADDED. Said was "down for it," but asking why "called Pitchfork and not something classier like Trident?" Possibly sarcastic in nature. Please review for confirmation.

This concludes my report.
AndyH

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #11

Completed data entry for RCI pages 26-35.

According to my training from working at a museum (habits die hard), whenever someone just said "I'm in," I put 'Not Specified' as their role for accuracy. Feel free to alter this.

The following are my notes:

Pg 26- Entries for Raven and Nickodeemus may be the same person. However there are no posts that this person made to indicate either for or against this conclusion. The records are not similar enough to draw a conclusion as well. UNALTERED.

Pg. 27- Dragkn- "Have bomber, will travel." SHIP NOT ADDED as model type was not specified.
            ibrasteel- NOT ADDED due to possible sarcastic nature. "I will attend with Aurora Idris I never had." Please review for confirmation.
            Methos-  Entry "Miithos" indicates possible misspelling. NOT ADDED due to a Constellation related post he made indicating an owned Connie matching what our records indicate.

Pg. 29- Quinnell- Had a list of ships included in his signature, but did not specify what he would pledge. SHIPS NOT ADDED. Ships were: Constellation, 300i, Freelancer, Hornet, Aurora LX.

Pg. 30- TarCtiC- Also did not specify which ships would be included. SHIPS NOT ADDED. Constellation, Hornet, 315.

Pg 33- Cyphre- NOT ADDED. Said was "down for it," but asking why "called Pitchfork and not something classier like Trident?" Possibly sarcastic in nature. Please review for confirmation.

This concludes my report.
AndyH

Good work, AndyH, and really good work on the notes.

I double checked the issue with Miithos and Methos. They're both separate people participating in OPPF. Go ahead and add them both.

Cyphre is good to go.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #12
I'll take 36 and 40. Get back to you when those are done.

• Andy_H
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • NMC Ambassasdor.
Reply #13
Thanks Benjamin. Methos and Cyphre have been added, and Miithos was already in the system.

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #14
Finally finished the first 20, so I'll take the next as well, 41-60

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #15
36-40 complete.

pg. 36 Saark: Is worried about losing ships, but offered Retaliator. Added.
pg. 36 Imrahyl: Added with Gladiator.
pg. 36 Tapantu: Added with no ships.
pg. 36 Leader_One: Offered all owned ships. Used sig list for ships. Added.
pg. 36 J2pc: Added. Unsure of asset commitment.
pg. 36 Zu_Long: Added with no ships.
pg. 36 JackAsh: Indicates positive favor for operation, but no declaration of support. Not Added.
pg. 36 DoomsdayFighter: Added with Retaliator.
pg. 36 ShadowintheDark: Added with Retaliator and Constellation
pg. 36 quilin: Added with Retaliator and 350R.
pg. 36 dalek_sec: Added with Aurora LX
pg. 36 Fermented: Offered to pledge ship only with Beta wipe. Not Added.
pg. 36 Col_Deathclaw: Added with Gladiator.
pg. 37 Comrade135: Added with no ships.
pg. 38 Shadowsniper238: Debatable, but joined the discussion for planning the Op. Added.
pg. 38 Failsafe_au: Added with no ships
pg. 38 Spooner: Debatable, but joined the discussion for planning the Op. Added.
pg. 38 Kyls1x: Added with Constellation.
pg. 38 Crazy9000: Debatable, but joined the discussion for planning the Op. Added.
pg. 38 MrMustard: Added with no ships
pg. 39 GeneralDrewski: Added with Aurora LN
pg. 39 GermoDante8: Added with generic Hornet
pg. 39 LeviathanActual: Already on list, but I need to get in contact with him for his unit info. Contacted.
pg. 39 Qayos: Added with 325a.
pg. 39 Kugelfisch: Added as crew.
pg. 39 PoisonTaco: Added with no ship specified. Need to contact for unit Info. Contacted.
pg. 39 LupusV: Added with no ships.
pg. 39 Erad_Faber: Added with Retaliator, Hornet, and 325ix2.
pg. 39 Nargis: Added with no ships.
pg. 39 Altehon: Added with no ships.
pg. 39 Kenny_Jones: Kenny[GW] changed to Kenny_Jones.
pg. 40 mac-murphy: Mac Murphy changed to mac-murphy.
pg. 40 Daethon: Added with Retaliator.
pg. 40 Freelance-Spy: Added with Retaliator.
pg. 40 flashbackflip: Added with no ships.
pg. 40 Trapjaw: Added with no ships.
pg. 40 NaughtyDutchman: Added with Constellation.
pg. 40 swonnr: Added with Retaliator.

Edited. Contact with organizations reached.
  • Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 03:22:04 AM by Benjamin the Rogue

Reply #16
61 to 70 are complete

Added
Cochrane
Super_Sand
wolfpup118
copa
brutepwnr
Balsagna
Mogeley
dandoo
tsunami049
Scorch44
Knightofold
Bacheezi
briguy168
Infinity_Chasm
  • Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 10:00:12 PM by sailor67
Pitchfork Belongs to all of us

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #17
I'll take 71-80. Might take a little bit, I'm still working on the OPPF merchandise project, and the letter project. Going slow on them both.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #18
Pages 71-80 are complete. Report is pending.

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #19
I'll take the next ten, 81-90.  Still working on my last batch.

Reply #20
I suggest you guys take down the names of any Operation Trident people who post on our thread.

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #21
Good idea. I wonder if we could hire some pirates to keep OT at a low level of development through harassement and suchlike?

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #22
They're hardly developing as it is. Giving them attention will only increase the challenge for them, which is something they thrive on. Just ignore them, and they'll get bored and float away, likely forgetting about OPPF in the long run anyways.

I've done a lot of searching on the Googles and I've found tons of people talking about OPPF, and almost no one talking about OPT. The thing I find more concerning are the people talking about pirating OPPF because they, for some reason, think it's going to be full of Carebears and we won't be able to fight back against them looting and pillaging. Don't ask me why they think Carebears would make up a movement of players hell-bent on throwing themselves to a glorious and fiery death in Vanduul space. But we should keep an eye out for them.

Case in point, the group Failheap Challenge. Their discussion is a mixed bag of people who want to participate, those who want to infiltrate and grief, and those that just want to attack everyone on their way to the event. Those types of groups will probably be more of a problem than any official thing like OPT. Just have to keep our ears to the ground for that sort of talk.
  • Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:11:19 AM by Benjamin the Rogue

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #23
THIS REPORT IS RENDERED OBSOLETE BY A THREAD MERGER. See next page for new report.

39 Added. 1 Changed. 2 Not Added. 5 are Debatable.

pg. 71 spacerogue - Added with no ships.
pg. 73 Deiser00 - Added with no ships.
pg. 73 Bajsbredvid - Expresses interest in only personal salvage. Not Added.
pg. 73 bzerker - Changed Bzerker01 to bzerker.
pg. 74 Orion11b - Debatable, but Added with no ships.
pg. 74 thepackett - Added with no ships.
pg. 74 ConsortCzar - Added with no ships.
pg. 74 Iron-Tarkus - Debatable, but Added with ships from signature.
pg. 75 Kermut - Added with generic Hornet.
pg. 75 Cymelion - Added with ships from signature.
pg. 75 Xarteros - Added with no ships. Offered aid of the Ardenoth Coalition.
pg. 75 Phobos_Productions - Added with no ships.
pg. 75 bombspy - Debatable, but added with no ships.
pg. 75 DarkMyth7 - Added with no ships.
pg. 76 Volleyjoens - Added with F7C-M
pg. 76 grandmasterporkchop - Added with no ships.
pg. 76 dtm7817 - Added with no ships.
pg. 76 Marek - Added with no ships.
pg. 76 The_Real_Greaven - Added with ships in signature.
pg. 77 Wingtips - Added with Constellation and Retaliator.
pg. 77 MrStarkiller1100 - Added with Avenger.
pg. 77 Gherks42 - Debatable, but Added with no ships.
pg. 78 H_Terrachova - Added with ships in signature.
pg. 78 Strobe - Added with no Ships.
pg. 78 newtis - Added with Avenger.
pg. 78 Romman - Debatable, but Added with no ships.
pg. 78 Alex77 - Added with guild information but no ships.
pg. 78 Vemaster - Added with no ships.
pg. 78 Operator-J - Added with no ships.
pg. 78 reisser - Added with no ships.
pg. 78 Simian - Added with no ships.
pg. 79 Shinjitama - Added with no ships. Ships offered are made of up a contingent.
pg. 79 gonk - Added with no ships.
pg. 79 Velocirapture - Added with no ships.
pg. 79 Felis_Clepta - Added with no ships.
pg. 79 canpy30 - Added with 300i.
pg. 79 Backblaster - Added with no ships.
pg. 80 SaivostRast - Added with no ships.
pg. 80 Le_Krang - Part of Operation Clusterfrack. Not Added.
pg. 80 TouwaErio - Added with SAR Constellation.
pg. 80 Lacerate - Added with no ships, but need to contact about organization support.
pg. 80 stopper - Added with Retaliator.
  • Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:02:44 PM by Benjamin the Rogue

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #24
Hey Ben, looked through some of those names, and for me they came up on pages 76-86.  Not sure if we see the forums differently.