Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: A Forking Club in game! (Read 2217 times) previous topic - next topic

• Shank
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
A Forking Club in game!
  This thread has morphed into a discussion of looking into getting an in game club/pub of some kind for The Forking Members of the Operation and what peoples thoughts are on them. We still need more info on how these clubs/pubs will work in game, so at the moment we are just discussing the idea of this.

I have moved the original Wing Commander package post to the link below just so people can view it if they want.

http://operationpitchfork.com/forums/index.php?topic=478.new#new
  • Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:02:20 PM by Shank

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Re: A Forking Club in game!
Reply #1
We need a collection point for the money that can be trusted.

• JackDaniels
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Former - Shout Box Lurker & Forum - Admin
Reply #2
I did some thinking on this and find it to be still a bit of a stretch. The 1 Mil Mile High Club is suppose to be something for a small number of friends of the like and sort. So initially we are trying to get an actual place going for our selves that we can all hang out at. Making this idea fancy for the owner of the Wing Commander Package. The practicality of this package would out stretch the idea of the private club feature being just that a private club. We are after all trying to be an open group.. so shouldn't that mean we try and find way's to collectively gather station assets so we can all hang out in those places instead?

I don't know I am still just on the fence about the idea of who is holding the package wing commander because it will still look very interesting to me to see that one person makes MVP, become a 1 mil mile high club holder in the same year because of those trying to spend more money to get it to him.. and he probably will only be able to allow something like 20 people into the club to begin with. This is just my point on the situation.
2j0kx3s.png" width="490

• Lyt Speed
  • [*][*][*]
  • Administrative
Reply #3
I have to admit reading JackDaniels' comment and having received the reply from CIG I kinda agree with him (I know I was the one who thought of this in the first place). Without knowing if it's an actual station or not I wouldn't want to commit, a small club that can only hold 20 or so people really wouldn't cut it.

Maybe we should hold off until we know about group hangers etc
html

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #4
That was my worry about this entire thing initially as well, JD. But I'm waiting to see how the space stations and what-nots turn out.

Reply #5
I'm interested though I'd rather it be a Cantina on Armitage than a space station. We can call it "The Mother Forker" and have a sign of a large bosomed Viking woman brandishing a pitchfork hanging over the door.

Also keep in mind we don't need to have room for all 1500 Forkers, since with different play times and people spreading out over the galaxy to do their thing we'll probably only have a few dozen moving through the Mother Forker at one time. And if we have a reunion we can just take over all of Armitage in a week long, booze saturated festival :D
"People often confuse the words 'new' and 'improved.'" - Agent Coulson

• Shank
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #6
I guess it is a wait and see thing then.

Maybe we can invest in an in game club/pub as group.

If they allow you to be part of more than one organization then the Guild Hanger might work, but if you can only be part of one, the people in guilds already would be left out, and we want everyone included.

• DRev_DMJ654
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • High Admiral of The DigiRev Naval Forces
Reply #7
I really think this is awesome. It it almost be like a VFW but for Forkers only. I support this, but we need to wait and see about the details.
Digital Revolution Confederation

http://digirev.net/

• JackDaniels
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #8
 :-\ Sorry about that guy's. It's just that the support behind the club I see them still having that limited to a small number of a listed group of individuals, yes the club could support small group meetings at any given time but the limitation will still be just to those that are on the list.

Then we also have the issue of this suddenly turning into a major Alliance for the forseable future, rather then just an End Beta Event. I am all for keeping people together and saying hey we are all that special kinda crazy that attempted to take on the Vanduul but maybe for now could we possibly change the title of this thread to something that will say that its to get the Wing Commander package for one person to host this potential club option. There is still the option for a Club in game if we ask for it I am sure CIG would be willing to allow for that. But, we could plan that out in a different thread that isn't about one getting an EXPENSIVE single account holder's package.
2j0kx3s.png" width="490

• Lyt Speed
  • [*][*][*]
  • Administrative
Reply #9
Jack, I think it's worth leaving this open. It's about a Forking club, that doesn't have to be a WC package, it could be a club planet side or a group hanger etc At this stage we don't know what options are likely to present themselves.
html

• JackDaniels
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #10

Jack, I think it's worth leaving this open. It's about a Forking club, that doesn't have to be a WC package, it could be a club planet side or a group hanger etc At this stage we don't know what options are likely to present themselves.

I am not saying lets stop this thread entirely, I am just saying this is one option but right now the poll is at the top and any one that doesn't read the first post will assume its still just on us getting together to try and get a club or something in SC that isn't by the means of the WC package.

I would like to open up another thread in allowing for the idea that is targeted to the general idea of what we would like from our own little club club house sorta speak. But, this thread is using the poll on the idea of getting the WC package to make use of the 1 Million Mile High Club.
2j0kx3s.png" width="490

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #11
I suspect there will be options for us to get more directly involved in the game economics besides just trading and bounties based on CR's explanation of the game economy. If that's the case then we should be able to create our own bar or space station. A space station orbiting Orion would be freaking awesome, btw :) Repair Bay, refueling station and bar for missions would be awesome and anyone directly involved in Pitchfork getting a discount!
Tumbleweeds. A Lone Wolves inspired org.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TUMBLWEEDS

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #12
And if we successfully do take Orion, we'll be right on the front line with the Vanduul, or what's left of their bacony asses after we're all done blowing each other up. It'll be a good hopping off point for people. So it'd actually be useful for Pitchfork veterans at its location over Armitage.

I think we've come to an agreement that a space station/club/bar celebration Pitchfork veterans is what we want to do once this is all settled. Now we just have to wait for the game mechanics side of this issue to be resolved.

• Shobab
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #13

That was my worry about this entire thing initially as well, JD. But I'm waiting to see how the space stations and what-nots turn out.

We need to be able to have a bunch of tractor beams and move the station we find to where we are gathering our forces. That would be ideal. Then bring the station to Orion after we achieve victory.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #14
Oh man, that would be so much work. And a lot of fighters flying cover.

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #15
I like this idea, I like it a lot :D The idea of towing a station between systems is awesome.

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #16
I doubt towing a station between systems will be something that is possible. I'm sure we'll probably have to wait till after we liberate Orion and then have it built in orbit there... That would be freaking fantastic though :D
Tumbleweeds. A Lone Wolves inspired org.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TUMBLWEEDS

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #17
It would depend on the requirements of transiting a jump point. If there was a suitably large one, I don't see why it couldn't be theoretically possible to do.