Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Antimatter Kamikaze Jokes Taken Too Seriously? (Read 2620 times) previous topic - next topic

Antimatter Kamikaze Jokes Taken Too Seriously?
It seems that a lot of people are starting to take (what I assume to be) the joke of filling an Aurora's cargo hold with antimatter a bit too seriously. I think I saw recently someone seriously saying he wanted to do support work by running antimatter to and from the battlefield. Are people starting to take this joke too seriously? Or was this always a serious proposal? Do we even know if we'll be able to transport large quantities of antimatter? From what I can tell, 10 tons of antimatter annihilating 10 tons of matter would produce the equivalent of about 430,000 Megatons (remember, a Megaton of TNT is literally one million tons of TNT) of TNT, or between 7,414 - 8,600 Tsar bombs (the one that was tested and detonated, not the designed-but-never-built Tsar bomb that was twice as powerful). I don't... I don't think we'll have weapons like this in Star Citizen... For one thing, it'd probably destroy all ships participating in the battle, and it'd probably render any nearby planets uninhabitable as well. For another thing, it'd just be ridiculous and it'd make any kind of fighting in the game pointless. Lastly, it'd be a pretty lame way to win; we should shoot our enemies into smithereens with missiles and lasers, as our forefathers have passed down for hundreds of years. ;-)
  • Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:18:28 PM by Knightcrawler

• MattK101
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Re: Antimatter Kamikaze Jokes Taken Too Seriously?
Reply #1
If you think those Auroras are bad, you must not have heard about doing that with Starfarers. Great anti - pirate deterrent, loading one of them with antimatter and a dead mans switch

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #2
Yikes! Imagine running a Starfarer rigged like that into Tiber before our main force to clear out the opposition! O_o

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #3
Clear out the opposition, and the planets.

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #4
Indeed! Imagine if we found their home world? Oh the destruction we could cause *cackles* There would be SO MUCH VACON!!!!!

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #5
In this case, the V in Vacon stands for Vaporized Bacon.

Reply #6

Yikes! Imagine running a Starfarer rigged like that into Tiber before our main force to clear out the opposition! O_o

75 tons... 55,605 - 64,500 Tsar bombs... I'm thinking there would be no Tiber. :-P

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #7
Who cares if its Vaporized Bacon? Imagine if we could hit their homeworld. Just imagine the effect that would have on the PU as time went on! Get one of the less than lawful groups to do the actual attack so the 'good guys' don't get blacklisted by the UEE for genocide and just blow the Vanduul up. Strike a blow that they will never culturally recover from.

• MattK101
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #8
I guarantee the UEE would not only not mind if the Vanduul homeworld was blown up, but they'd give whoever did it medals.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #9
If they could scrap together enough of their atoms to pin a medal to.

Reply #10
Well sure Kamikaze should not be just joke. The CIG has already stated that there will be ramming shields and weaponry so I fully expect to do some kamikaze runs in the fork when we finally go online :D Just not sure if we can actually do any more good than fry some bacon that stands too close to windows in their caps  ::)

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #11
This, my friends, is a question for Alpha...
Tumbleweeds. A Lone Wolves inspired org.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TUMBLWEEDS

Reply #12
Connie's dropping P52's: used like these were http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohka

• Phyber
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #13
I think we should use Kamikaze tactics only for the very last moment
if we seem to be completely overwhelmed. Not really worthwhile to use
it at the opening shots of the battle rite? :D

Still...omg imagine how epic it would be when everyone straps
in and kamikaze their capital ship!!!

VAAAAAAAAAAACOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN JENNNNKIINNNSSSSS!!!!!!!!! :D

Reply #14
I'm pretty sure that the game will be balanced so that someone who actually tries in a fight can do more damage than a kamikaze pilot. Also consider an Aurora weighs less than the pure ordinance a Retaliator can carry. The Aurora is better off protecting bomber wings.

Also, P52s carry no cargo. So that thing kamikazeing would be pointless. :-P

• Corp28
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #15
If vacon is vaporized bacon, then what's the antimatter equivalent to bacon?

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #16
Kerbacon?

• G.Crane
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #17
anti-bacon..

• Bzerker01
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Super Hornet
Reply #18

Fire Ships, one of the oldest and most effective tactics in naval warfare.

Reply #19
Annihilation doesnt leave behind radioactive debris, so the planets will survive. Perhaps not those living on the planets, but it will only make the surface a bit warmer for the next colony ship.