Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Ghost Recon (Read 5083 times) previous topic - next topic

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Ghost Recon
I'm starting this thread for those who are interested in stealth exploration operations within Vanduul territory leading up to O:P. Let's use this thread to find others to form small groups to protect and explore!
Tumbleweeds. A Lone Wolves inspired org.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TUMBLWEEDS

• Talkyn
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Re: Ghost Recon
Reply #1
I'm in!

The idea of sneaking around red systems, being unnoticed, gathering key information is just so cool  8)

Once this get's rolling, we'll have to figure out who we are going to report all this info to so they can turn it into real intelligence for the OP.

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #2
I've got a big clunky freelancer atm so I won't be doing much stealthing, lol

Reply #3
Im hoping to be getting a hornet stealth variant or atleast upgrading one of my ships for this purpose exactly. but until i really know more on how the stealth is going to work im just gonna wait

Reply #4
I'm planning on being out there in a stripped down and stealthed M50, if any of you guys have an Idris it would be of immense use in ferrying smaller craft into systems so that we have more upgrade space for stealthing or sensor equipment.

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #5
If it'll fit in my lancer I'll be the ferry man

Reply #6
The only other ship I've even heard rumors of being capable of transporting other ships is a passing mention by one of the devs that they may make a mod for the Starfarer that swaps out the storage tanks for a small hangar bay, but I've only seen it mentioned once and it wasn't brought up in the MISC article in JP so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

If that is planned to be implemented I can can loan someone mine as a ferry, if not we'll need an Idris.

Reply #7
considering setting up a video capture card in another PC to record video for recon packages. Have 2 ships so far.
Hornet ghost for stealth recon
350R for time critical recon

• Inferis
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #8
I've been mighty tempted by the ghost variant for my hornet, so you can count me in!

• Logan
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #9
I have the ghost variant of the hornet, I will also buy an Avenger on the next few days and will love to do some recon for you guys, count me in

Reply #10
I'll throw my hat here. Have a F7C Ghost and will work on getting another ship outfitted for scouting...maybe mod my 315p. I hope to homeworld in Garron so I'll be close to Tiber
  • Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:20:26 pm by Pathagarus

• TASK-32
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #11
Add my Ghost to the squad. I don't know how good the stealth capabilities of a M50 can be seeing the size of the engines and even if you tweak them you'll lose thrust to gain stealth; though that can possibly help in fuel efficiency giving it longer distance.

Reply #12
I have F7C + stealth upgrade and M50. Can perform any type of recon mission. Count me in.

Reply #13
I have a 300i that I'm planning to fit for frontier work; low sig, mid-range firepower, and decent versatility - overall, tougher than the 315p, but less solely combat-focused than the 325a. It should serve for recon in hot areas. Count me in.

Reply #14
I have An F7C-S Hornet and im more then willing to use it in the cause.

• Ssh-die
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Grandmaster
Reply #15
I have a Hornet Ghost and totally see myself doing very deep recon missions for intel. I understand that any mistake will probably lead to my death and rescue will be next to impossible but such high stakes will certainly make things interesting. I'm just concerned about what sort of range we'll have without the ability to refuel behind enemy lines.
<center>a" title="Grand Master</center>

• Shank
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #16
I'm your Casper. ;)

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #17
I will most likely be upgrading my Lancer to a DUR for the use of recon and hopefully jump point discovery.

• Ketoth
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Freelancer
Reply #18
Another freelancer DUR here for some good old (probably suicide) long range recon if i can refit it to be vaguely stealthy,could use a suicidal gunner if anything

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #19
Heh, I ended up selling my lancer so I could upgrade my Connie to the Phoenix variant. That being said I'm still planning on using her to explore and scan... I'll just being doing it a little more luxuriously now :D

Reply #20
Stealth recon could also use the cover of a Hot recon or a recon in force to draw Vanduul attention away from them.