Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: sailor67 - Hello to everyone  (Read 4989 times) previous topic - next topic

sailor67 - Hello to everyone
Hi

Big Edit:
I am going to try to read every bio and say hi to each "Forker" that posts. Given the numbers I am probably going to get overwhelmed eventually, but until that happens I will say hello to each of you personally. Just realize it may take a bit  ;-)

I am retired US Navy, I currently work in the defense industry and am part of an R&D team (it sounds more important than it is). As of now I got tasked to help engineering develop test automation S/W for hardware production testing.

Anyway I have never played an online game and have been exclusively SP until SC. I have been building my own PC's until the last two cycles. Work puts me on the road for months at a time, so I am running gaming laptops. Games Skyrim, Fallout 3/NV, ME, Oblivion, Maters of Orion, list goes on. Still have Freelancer loaded on my PC.

SC-  well I am GT and OB, if anyone needs to convert to LTI let me know. No charging or anything just helping out. Converted 10 ships so far for guild mates and others so far, and I consider each my bit to make SC "better" for everyone  

Happily Married, no kids. I work a long day(Not a complaint love my job), that includes ~1.5 hours in the gym every morning. So I am  pretty time limited

Anyway
Thank everyone for supporting this idea

• Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:48:16 AM by sailor67
Pitchfork Belongs to all of us

• Harker
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Re: sailor67 - Hey guys
Reply #1
How's the title fitting you, Supreme Commander?

Reply #2
Welcome aboard sir!

Reply #3
Thanks and it feels odd, long story short never sought anything like this since I retired. On the other hand I never shirked a responsibility in my life. So as long as you guys are willing I'll lead. 

• Shank
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Re: sailor67 - Hello to everyone
Reply #4
Thanks for all the hard work you and others are doing for this.

Reply #5

Hi Shank

It is an honor to serve

• Shank
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #6
Can I have fries with that then?

;D

Reply #7
Bacon and fries certainly sir coming right up...

;)

• Shank
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #8
Bacon fries...yum!

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #9
You've made the MVP, sailor. Right where you should be! Congratulations!

I'm proud to be able to be hurtling towards glorious destruction with you.

• Hobbes
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #10
Me saying Hi, and congrats on the mvp.

Reply #11
thanks guys honors mine

Reply #12
Damn...gotta serve under a squid....again  ;)

From this retired dogface : salute!

• Talkyn
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #13
Sailor,

You sir, are a gentlemen, a scholar and a warrior.

CIG may well be building us one of the greatest games ever, but it is folks like you that build a community that drives the experience to the next level.

You just make sure you let us know if you get any other equally-stupid ideas so we can all jump on board  ;D

Reply #14
thank you

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #15
Its a pleasure to be aboard, even if it IS lead by a WAFU :P
This should be a LOT of fun.

Reply #16
:)

Well you guys did put me in change.... 

• BORK
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #17

Hi

Big Edit:
I am going to try to read every bio and say hi to each "Forker" that posts. Given the numbers I am probably going to get overwhelmed eventually, but until that happens I will say hello to each of you personally. Just realize it may take a bit  ;-)

I am retired US Navy, I currently work in the defense industry and am part of an R&D team (it sounds more important than it is). As of now I got tasked to help engineering develop test automation S/W for hardware production testing.

Anyway I have never played an online game and have been exclusively SP until SC. I have been building my own PC's until the last two cycles. Work puts me on the road for months at a time, so I am running gaming laptops. Games Skyrim, Fallout 3/NV, ME, Oblivion, Maters of Orion, list goes on. Still have Freelancer loaded on my PC.

SC-  well I am GT and OB, if anyone needs to convert to LTI let me know. No charging or anything just helping out. Converted 10 ships so far for guild mates and others so far, and I consider each my bit to make SC "better" for everyone  

Happily Married, no kids. I work a long day(Not a complaint love my job), that includes ~1.5 hours in the gym every morning. So I am  pretty time limited

Anyway
Thank everyone for supporting this idea

Hello,

Thank you for you service sir. We owe you our freedom. The BORK! Stand ready to follow you into the depths of Vanduul space. Where you go we shall follow.

Really can not wait to meet everyone, hop on comms with you guys, and purge the Verse of as many Vanduul scum as I can.

Best,

Boss Bork

Reply #18
Welcome aboard

• BORK
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #19
Thank you sir!

• L1sana
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #20
Thanks for all your hard work sailor67, and everyone else getting this together.  Looking real good guys.

Reply #21
Thanks!

• BORK
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #22
Good Morning Sailor,

Please email Bork High Command at: BossBork@Gmail.com when you get the chance. Please CC anyone you would like.

Also, as it sit's I think we will move to this Forum instead of Official Forums for most of our Official Fleet stuff, and will start directing all our recruits and friends here :) If that is alright with you guys of course.

Thanks for all the support guys! Means a lot to us, and it gives us the fortitude to carry on  8)

Reply #23
Thanks for the rides, Navy (and for the Docs!)
Semper Fi, carry on.

Reply #24
This is going to be good.. With  crispy  bacon!  And my second year in Star Citizen starts 24 December.. Wouldn't be a great if they didn't  wipe  the beta and let us  roll with all that BACON!! And thanks
for your hard work at play. Fork'em if they can't take a joke..