Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Commander Deathcall's Battle Plan (Read 4896 times) previous topic - next topic

• mediaflare
  • [*][*][*]
  • Administrative
  • Skyhound United - Leader
Re: Commander Deathcall's Battle Plan
Reply #25

Don't forget that jump points will have size restrictions as well. It's logical, but we don't know for sure if Garron-Tiber is a full access jump point.

Even if it is, that may open opportunities as well to draw Vanduul forces out of position with a main force, and allowing smaller strike waves of Cavalry-style raiding teams to sneak in from other directions and hit strategic targets in the Vanduul's rear areas.

Utilizing jump points properly will be very important. We can use them on both offence and defense. Send Cutlass reds through small jump points to bring wounded back without dragging a kingship with you is an example I can think if off the top of my head

• StefTheStiff
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #26
I'm liking the nice clean format Deathcall. If potential fodder forkers check this out people can get an idea of what sort of tasks will be involved and where they would like to slot in during the event.

I would say there is also a Phase 0. Thinktank, mechanics and community, anything from building wiki pages; starmaps; ship guides and attack plans etc to wargaming threads and testing comms setups (eg the use of raidcall vs ts/mumble/skype), looking at how battles may unfold as mechanics become clearer. AKA this stuff.

Right now I've been looking at how people move around and organise in EVE. Large battles, null-sec space, gank squads and a functioning economy can give us some great ideas/throw up some things to watch out for.
Looking back at past burn Jita events has shown how important stockpiles of munitions can be, the number of floating pods gives an indication that a lack of pilots shall not be an issue but rather getting those fellows back into a working ship and in/out of systems will be (example, Stef doesn't EVE he just watches people who do).

Jump points, we'll have to see if these can be navigated stealthily and what sort of response we receive for various flights and fleets; then the question of hard v soft entry. Rack up a list of experiments and questions beforehand, then orgs can check it out and decide goals for the night. As well as, how this interacts with the instancing system. It will be pretty bad if a warband end up scattered across several instances.

In order to save this sort of thing from being buried it might be a good idea to look at stickying and maintaining links out to specific threads and forums? Pruning this thread regularly and keeping it for Operation level announcements?
  • Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:10:28 PM by StefTheStiff

Reply #27

Don't forget that jump points will have size restrictions as well. It's logical, but we don't know for sure if Garron-Tiber is a full access jump point.

I have the feeling that it is, as the lore has UEE carriers jumping into the Grinder. Since there's also a downed carrier in Nul (I think?), I think that at least some of those JPs are big.
United Space Confederation Envoy to Operation Pitchfork
Envoy, USC
XO, USC Defense Force Training Command
Member, USC Interstellar Commerce
Member, USC Expeditionary Corps
Member, USC Department of Aerospace Engineering

Aurora LX (Traveller's Tales)
Anvil F7C-M (Ares' Gauntlet)
Anvil Carrack (Grey-Eyed Goddess)
Aegis Vanguard (Hero for Hire)
Anvil Crucible (Rustoff)

• TrItOn
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #28
"surround your enemy" We will be working on a "backdoor" approach early. Depends on what the JP setups work out to. Apparently, a banu MM will fit! That being said. Most of our convoy should fit which means after some trading contacts and some recon we'll share that info with affiliates. :) Should give the Vanduul something else to worry about other than a full frontal assault. Also, will be flanking with second fleet during recon phase!
שם טוב ולא להיבחר מאשר עושר גדול, ואוהב לטובת ולא כסף וזהב. kJV Proverbs 22:1

Reply #29
If we can get a fleet behind the reinforcements we can either take them out before they jump, or follow them to Tiber and catch them between a hammer and anvil of the two fleets and grind them to dust.

• mediaflare
  • [*][*][*]
  • Administrative
  • Skyhound United - Leader
Reply #30
As the op develops, some orgs night become very coordinated and work well in an organized structure. If that happens, we can pull off some fantastic maneuvers, as well as aggressive control of the situation