Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Operation Pitchfork: Asset Roster (Read 19037 times) previous topic - next topic

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Operation Pitchfork: Asset Roster
I've put together a spreadsheet of members enrolled on the site along with the ships they have available, roles they can fill, and other resources they can provide for the operation, just to have everything in one place.  Entries are compiled from the RSI Ship Count thread and the original RSI post.  The spreadsheet is set to open editing, so anyone with the link can make changes.  I'll be keeping a private backup copy to protect against sabotage.  I encourage anyone to make any necessary changes to make the sheet more accurate or complete.  Feedback or suggestions are also appreciated!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArGbc93el3z8dGJvb2pFc2d4YUlSMnA2TU1OZGJyRkE&usp=sharing

How to use this Spreadsheet:

First of all, please do NOT touch the top two rows.  Also do not add extra sheets to the document or modify any of the existing charts without consent.  Do not sabotage anyone's entry or provide inaccurate information (like adding 50 Idris-M's to a single entry).  If you sort the sheet by any column or row, please reset it to sorting by name when you are done.  To Sort, click in the column to sort by, then go to Data>Sort Sheet by Column, A->.Z

Name - If you have posted in the RSI Ship Tracking thread or made an introductory post on OP.com, your name might have already been added to the list.  If you posted on both, you might be on there twice if you use different names between the two sites.  If this is the case, please consolidate it to one entry.  Please use your RSI handle, not your community monicker.  When making a new entry, either insert a new row in the appropriate spot (rows are sorted alphabetically by name) or add one at the bottom of the list.  Sorting is done periodically.

Roles
- These are the roles you are willing to fill during the operation.  Including a role does not obligate you to fill it, nor does it guarantee that you will be filling that role in the operation.  It is just to give us a general idea of who is willing and able to do what.  Here is a general outline of roles you can potentially include:

• Pilot - You are willing to fly a ship in the operation, even if not your own.

• Recon - You are willing to scout the enemy and target systems without engaging in battle before and/or during the operation, ideally in a ship that is fast and/or stealthy.

• SWACS - You are willing to offer radar support and battlespace surveillance.  Communication will be necessary.  May work closely with Command.

• Supply - If we are unable to restock items like ammunition, fuel, repair materials, parts, weapons, etc at a captured location, we may need supply ships making supply runs.  This role offers yourself for that purpose.

• Salvage - In addition to salvaging items of use for the continued operation, we also do not want to leave anything for the Vanduul to clean up for themselves.  Post-battle role for salvaging wreckage for anything usable.  And there will be plenty to sift through.

• SAR - You are willing to perform search and rescue operations to locate ejected pilots.

• Multirole Pilot - You are willing to fill any of the above roles as a pilot.

• Crew - Instead of (Or in addition to) piloting your own ship, you are willing to take a crew position on another ship.

• Boarding - You are willing to take part in boarding actions to aid in the capture or destruction of larger enemy ships.

• Multirole as Needed - You are willing to participate in any way listed above, both pilot and non-pilot roles.  More resource-specific roles as listed below still need to be mentioned separately.

• Command - The only restricted role.  Available to operation leaders and organizers as designated by Sailor67.  Also available to guild/organization leaders.  Command structure will be determined as assets are confirmed, the game releases, and the operation draws nearer.

• Communications - Communication will be key to the operation's success.  This role means that you are able to offer communications assistance.  This may be in the form of a large VOIP server or RL communications hub.

Other Resources - This is where you can make note of things you can bring to the endeavor besides ships.  This includes things like VOIP servers, art, LTI conversion etc.  If you are a guild leader or a guild contact, make note of it here as well as your estimated/confirmed pilot count.

Relevant Links
- This is where you can post a link relevant to your roles or resources, like a post describing the resources available or a link to your guild website.  One link per entry please.

Guild
- This is where you can identify what guild or organization you are from, as long as it is participating in OPPF as a guild.  The guild name should only be bold if you are the leader or contact for that guild.

Ships Available - There is a column for every ship, simply put in a number to indicate how many of each ship you have.  If none, leave it blank.  The far right column will automatically count up your total number of ships, so you can leave that column alone.

!!Guild Leaders!!

Guild leaders can register the combined resources of their guild into a single entry so as not to require every member of the guild to register on the spreadsheet.  Guild leaders should note themselves as a guild leader (or contact) in the Resources column, include their pilot count (indicate whether the number is confirmed or estimated), put the guild name in bold in the Guild column, and tally up the combined ships in the ship count.  If you see someone in the list that is in your guild, but does not have the guild mentioned, feel free to modify their entry accordingly.

Sabotage
While I ask that you not sabotage the spreadsheet or do anything malicious, I am still going to be keeping close tabs on the revision history.  I can also restore previous versions, and if all else fails, I will be keeping a private backup copy to undo any damage.  Anyone can edit the spreadsheet, but please do not abuse this privilege.
  • Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 09:48:01 AM by ArbitrarySketch

Medals, Ribbons, T-Shirts, Patches, Coins, Pins available!!

Be sure to add your ships, resources, and organization to the Operation: Pitchfork Assets List

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Re: Operation: Pitchfork, Asset Roster
Reply #1
This is a great resource to have. Working to evolve this will help us out in understanding what we can expect to be flying around with on game day.

I'll wait for a little bit to see if anything changes, and if not, I'll put it up on the Facebook page.

• Tesra
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #2
Any chance we could have the current total number of ships/assets shown on the Home page?

Reply #3
good job on this document . We can possibly have a good merc crew against people who are allied with the vanduul

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #4
Update: An organization can now be represented by a single entry
  • Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 11:02:40 AM by ArbitrarySketch

Be sure to add your ships, resources, and organization to the Operation: Pitchfork Assets List

Reply #5
Wondering a bit what the colored Column right of Relevant Links means

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #6

Wondering a bit what the colored Column right of Relevant Links means
That is guild/organization affiliation.  I've added guild names and abbreviations over the colors to clarify.  Guild leaders/contacts have the full guild name in bold, which is the entry where full guild assets should be tallied if they are to be consolidated.  Sorry for the confusion.

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #7
I have also given the Command role to all forum moderators/administrators, as well as guild leaders.  This does not mean you are obligated to fill a command role in the operation, just that you have authority already established and are able to act in that capacity.  Command is the only restricted role, since the command structure will in the end be determined by Sailor and his designated lieutenants.

Anyone who has the command role may voluntarily remove it if they don't wish to have their name put in for it.
  • Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:09:38 AM by ArbitrarySketch

• Talkyn
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #8
Can we get a sticky?

As the forum gets busier I'm sure we'd like this to be front & centre.

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #9
With some awesome help from Kingstrider, we have added all the posts from the RSI Ship Count thread, bringing our player tally to 530 and ship count to 1280.  However, the more people that can go into the list and make sure their own info is accurate, the better.  Since some people have different RSI names than their names here, if you can go in and make sure there is only one entry for yourself and make sure it is accurate, that would be a big help.  If anyone needs assistance at all navigating or modifying the spreadsheet, let me know and I'll be happy to help!

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #10
Just pinned this on the board.

You guys are getting some really great work done here. Working out a program to count assets isn't the most high-profile work, but it's probably going to no doubt be some of the most important. You're all definitely appreciated.

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #11
Thanks for the sticky!

• JackDaniels
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Former - Shout Box Lurker & Forum - Admin
Reply #12
Great Job So far... I know I been saying it plenty of time in the shout box but wanted to make use you can see it here when you get back to re-reading all these posts..
2j0kx3s.png" width="490

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #13

Great Job So far... I know I been saying it plenty of time in the shout box but wanted to make use you can see it here when you get back to re-reading all these posts..
Hahaha, thanks!

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #14
To avoid duplicating entries, I am only going to be adding new posts from the RSI ship count thread.  The name on the entry should correspond with your RSI handle (as opposed to community monicker).

Also, there is a How to use this spreadsheet document up, linked from the main roster.

Re: Operation Pitchfork: Asset Roster
Reply #15
Holy crap... I just head-mathed an estimate on the cost of all the hulls on that spreadsheet and came out over $225,000 without even considering package costs. :o

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #16
We roll deep.

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #17
F7A Hornet will not be added to the roster since it is only a cosmetic upgrade.
  • Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:41:45 PM by ArbitrarySketch

• Dihm
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • The Skjaldborg - Speaker of the Word
Reply #18
Updated, and cleaned up one of our members who was listed by our tag instead of our Clan name :)

Ot├Ąck "Dihm" Kulandinglar
Leader of the Skjaldborg
Speaker of the Word

Reply #19
Besides 'Command' being limited to guild leaders is there a set list of roles? Just to try and avoid confusion and ambiguity where possible  ;) (an example would be 'Scouting' vs 'Recon', are they the same thing as far as we are concerned?)

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #20

Besides 'Command' being limited to guild leaders is there a set list of roles? Just to try and avoid confusion and ambiguity where possible  ;) (an example would be 'Scouting' vs 'Recon', are they the same thing as far as we are concerned?)
There are example roles listed in the "How to use this Spreadsheet" document, url pasted near the top of the sheet.  But here they are for easier reference.  Additional roles that do not fall under these categories may be added at your own discretion.

Pilot - You are willing to fly a ship in the operation, even if not your own.
Recon - You are willing to scout the enemy and target systems without engaging in battle before and/or during the operation, ideally in a ship that is fast and/or stealthy.
SWACS - You are willing to offer radar support and battlespace surveillance.  Communication will be necessary.  May work closely with Command.
Supply - If we are unable to restock items like ammunition, fuel, repair materials, parts, weapons, etc at a captured location, we may need supply ships making supply runs.  This role offers yourself for that purpose.
Salvage - In addition to salvaging items of use for the continued operation, we also do not want to leave anything for the Vanduul to clean up for themselves.  Post-battle role for salvaging wreckage for anything usable.  And there will be plenty to sift through.
SAR - You are willing to perform search and rescue operations to locate ejected pilots.
Multirole Pilot - You are willing to fill any of the above roles as a pilot.
Crew - Instead of (Or in addition to) piloting your own ship, you are willing to take a crew position on another ship.
Boarding - You are willing to take part in boarding actions to aid in the capture or destruction of larger enemy ships.
Multirole as Needed - You are willing to participate in any way listed above, both pilot and non-pilot roles.  More resource-specific roles as listed below still need to be mentioned separately.
Command - The only restricted role.  Available to operation leaders and organizers as designated by Sailor67.  Also available to guild/organization leaders.  Command structure will be determined as assets are confirmed, the game releases, and the operation draws nearer.
Communications - Communication will be key to the operation's success.  This role means that you are able to offer communications assistance.  This may be in the form of a large VOIP server or RL communications hub.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #21
Can I get you to staple that onto the OP, Sketch? That way people coming here from the Orientation Packet will see those when they go to the link.

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #22
Copy + Pasted the How To document into the post.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #23
Thanks, Sketch. I'm sure we'll see a couple more people add more specialized roles now.

Reply #24
Should we add Mustang as a possible ship for those who have already purchased an Aurora they intend to switch to a Mustang?

Also, I have edited my entry. My name on here is Knightcrawler, but on the RSI forum it is Tony_Knightcrawler. I have also added my shiny new M50. :)