Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: The day after the party... now what? (Read 977 times) previous topic - next topic

• Sneakyweasel
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
The day after the party... now what?
So I get home from work and I'm watching a documentary about WW2 and how the world powers began planning for the post war world even when the war was still being fought.
And this got me thinking... "has anyone thought about the post-beta OPPF"?

First off, I can't praise the founding members of OPPF enough, they've managed to truly achieve something with just an idea! The org has assembled a group of people with an adventurous and ambitious mindset. I can't be the only one that would think it would be a shame for everyone to scatter to the wind once the op is over and the PU goes live.
I know this subject is premature, and nobody is saying we need to decide anytime soon but there's no harm in people brainstorming it when they're not brainstorming battle plans.
OPPF has the people, the structure and the ships! We also have an established name in the star citizen world which is recognizable to pretty much anyone who has a passing interest in the game. We could go in any direction we choose!
Now I'm still pretty new to the org and the last thing I want to be is the new guy who starts spitballing grand plans for the future... so I'll just shut up and sit down and see what the people who have been around longer have to say.
I look forward to the comments, should be interesting!
"No need to worry, we're still flying half a ship"

Re: The day after the party... now what?
Reply #1
Short answer is yes we have, but I have asked folks to focus on the mission.  We have time enough to talk about it afterwords
Pitchfork Belongs to all of us

• Jack Knife
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Merchant of Menace
Reply #2
Short verions is Guardians of Orion aka The Orion Guard. https://operationpitchfork.com/forums/index.php?topic=1091.msg8940#msg8940

We've had discussions on defense patrols,economic buildup,settling the system and the status of criminals in the system. It's been around and it's had some nice discussions,but it still has work to do. As sailor said it's not a priority,but it's still fun to talk about.

• Sneakyweasel
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #3
Well that answers that, I figured it was worth asking about.
"No need to worry, we're still flying half a ship"

Reply #4
Always ask questions if you have them and put out your ideas. MoverMarcus is running the Gardians, shoot him a pm here or  over in RSI. He is also a semi regular on discord
Pitchfork Belongs to all of us