Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Translators? (Read 502 times) previous topic - next topic

Translators?
I know with the Vanduul ships have been changed so that they will work for humans to pilot if you own one. But this also includes translations. My question is will there be a way to translate the Vanduul equipment once, and if, it is taken over? I have seen some good reasoning to focus on shooting down their ships instead of trying to take them over to better hit the ground, but if there are strategic stations or even ground equipment that can be captured does anyone know how we will be able to operate it?

Also I have not found any threads on this question please let me know if there is one I missed.

• Jack Knife
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Merchant of Menace
Re: Translators?
Reply #1
I know with the Vanduul ships have been changed so that they will work for humans to pilot if you own one. But this also includes translations. My question is will there be a way to translate the Vanduul equipment once, and if, it is taken over? I have seen some good reasoning to focus on shooting down their ships instead of trying to take them over to better hit the ground, but if there are strategic stations or even ground equipment that can be captured does anyone know how we will be able to operate it?

Also I have not found any threads on this question please let me know if there is one I missed.

There is literally no information on this subject from CIG. Everything would be theorycraft. That being said basic things like Vanduul,knives,machetes,swords,spears,weird shaped things we haven't seen yet and guns should be able to be captured and used. Hard electronic devices such as ships can be captured,but is is highly likely they would have to be refitted by an Esperia manufacturer somewhere in the game,but again this is just theory craft.

• Kitsune
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Re: Translators?
Reply #2
If there is a need for translator I think I can lead an atack flight to take some Banu that trade with Vandu. It will be easy though dishonorable