Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: New Vanduul Images/Intel (Read 1632 times) previous topic - next topic

• Jack Knife
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Merchant of Menace
New Vanduul Images/Intel
Hunter

Kingship

Unidentified Vanduul Supply Snake Train

Ground Base

Void Bomber All Angles

Unidentified Vanduul Ship

• Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 11:46:03 PM by Jack Knife

Re: New Vanduul Images/Intel
Reply #1
The Kingship look really epic,

Reply #2
Impressive, minds have been blown.
It's a penguin... with a gun. I'd run if I were you.

• Kitsune
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #3
I have a dream of taking down a Vanduul planetary fortress now

• Zero-Zephyr
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • #StellarCorp.
Reply #4
Wowoweewah
ZZ,13th,OMF7, AΩES

• Jatzi
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #5
I like the Void Bomber a lot more now, it's not as cool a design I think but it makes more sense. All those stupid curvy spike arm things were just... well stupid.

• Jack Knife
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Merchant of Menace
Reply #6
I like the Void Bomber a lot more now, it's not as cool a design I think but it makes more sense. All those stupid curvy spike arm things were just... well stupid.

In reality several of those spikes are likely sensor and radar beams. CIG loves making aesthetics functional, like how those circular semi-dome shapes on human ships represent the power plant casing.

• Jatzi
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #7
In reality several of those spikes are likely sensor and radar beams. CIG loves making aesthetics functional, like how those circular semi-dome shapes on human ships represent the power plant casing.

But why have them so exposed like that? It's the same thing with RSI's engines, they're ridiculously exposed; you don't even have to be aiming for them to have a really high chance of hitting them. Same thing with the spikes- sure the Vanduul aesthetic is spiky and they're functional as you said. Still pretty stupid to have there, no society that regularly engages in war would put such vital equipment in such a crappy place. Yeah it's a video game, still a little annoying.
  • Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:50:38 AM by Jatzi

• Jack Knife
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Merchant of Menace
Reply #8
But why have them so exposed like that? It's the same thing with RSI's engines, they're ridiculously exposed; you don't even have to be aiming for them to have a really high chance of hitting them. Same thing with the spikes- sure the Vanduul aesthetic is spiky and they're functional as you said. Still pretty stupid to have there, no society that regularly engages in war would put such vital equipment in such a crappy place. Yeah it's a video game, still a little baffling and annoying.

Actually that's another thing they do. They build in weakness to their ships. Drake Interplanetary ships for example have no ejection seat. Furthermore to that example the Buccaneer has most of it's guns on it's wings like a gunship so convergence is higher despite it's high firepower and if you lose a wing you lose 2 guns,but the biggest guns are still secure on the main hull. Study enough ship designs and you will see weaknesses to exploit not just statistics to balance things out like other games.

Reply #9
The Snake trains look like Victor Vanduul's answer to the Hull series ships we have. Who will win the logistics war?
United Space Confederation Envoy to Operation Pitchfork
Envoy, USC
XO, USC Defense Force Training Command
Member, USC Interstellar Commerce
Member, USC Expeditionary Corps
Member, USC Department of Aerospace Engineering

Aurora LX (Traveller's Tales)
Anvil F7C-M (Ares' Gauntlet)
Anvil Carrack (Grey-Eyed Goddess)
Aegis Vanguard (Hero for Hire)
Anvil Crucible (Rustoff)

• Jack Knife
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Merchant of Menace
Reply #10
The Snake trains look like Victor Vanduul's answer to the Hull series ships we have. Who will win the logistics war?

I would say us when comparing the two,because the Hull Series is consolidated so it's turrets have meaning and it's ships can actually maneuver. The Supply Snakes seemingly have their only turrets in the front or rear of the train so target it's center and they can't really retaliate and lose a massive amount of supplies and their rear turrets with little comparative risk. On top of that it shouldn't be able to maneuver much with the long mass it's dragging behind it making it easier to hit.

Reply #11
Ok, gotta know, where did these come from?

• Jack Knife
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Merchant of Menace
Reply #12
Ok, gotta know, where did these come from?
Many Tevarins died to bring us this information. I cannot reveal their secrets or how they look as it is why they are excellent spies.(It's actually a hidden corner of Reddit.)

Reply #13
Dear god this stuff is cool....

• chigga
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • director of ASC - vanduul hunter
Reply #14
the snake thing looks really good. i can't wait to ambush one and steal its cargo :P