Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Should I Upgrade? (Read 820 times) previous topic - next topic

• Vetera
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • The Savior
Should I Upgrade?
I figured this would have an impact on the war effort. I have a Freelancer MAX, and in a few months I will be able to upgrade to the Constellation Aquilla, which I have been wanting forever. Opinions on this?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/misc-freelancer/Freelancer-MAX
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/rsi-constellation/Constellation-Aquila
"A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Re: Should I Upgrade?
Reply #1
If you want the Aquila get it. That said realize your overhead is going to be higher. I am assuming that you are cargo centric based on the two ships. Given the cargo system as currently envisioned, I think the max is a bit awkward, not extremely well armed like the base Lancer for high risk runs and not as efficient as the Hulls are.  Personally I would lean towards the Connie just for the ability to do things beyond cargo, but I am bias towards Connie's so take the above with a grain of salt

Pitchfork Belongs to all of us

• Vetera
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • The Savior
Reply #2
I'm not cargo-centric, actually. I believe way-back-when as I put my name on the roster (which isn't now probably due to MIA), I believe I said I was available for troop transport and SAR. I liked the idea of being a versatile support role. I arrive with goods and supplies to the frontlines or soldiers, transport soldiers to different areas, and on my way back take or pick up any soldiers I find back for medical aid. My Aquilla would be able to enter battle more frequently than the MAX, is all, and do a little more. I like Military Suppoort roles, any cargo hauling not for being a merchant man, but for resupplying military outfits.
"A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Reply #3
Than the Connie is the way to go. It is just more ship than a Max.
Pitchfork Belongs to all of us

• mediaflare
  • [*][*][*]
  • Administrative
  • Skyhound United - Leader
Reply #4
I'm on the opposite bias, as MISC is the best manufacturer in the verse :P

That being said, for OPF purposes, I'd take the Connie over the MAX if we're talking Cavalry or SAR

I'm using the MIS for cavalry purposes, but it's much more armed than the MAX for the purpose of taking point during the first few drops. Instead, with the Connie, you'll have space for a ground vehicle on top of troops, and better defensive capabilities compared to the MAX thanks to the option to take a Kruger-class snub fighter along.

So as much as it pains me to say it, RSI is better than MISC in this situation when comparing the two ships :( lol

Also are you a lone wolf or going at it with an org? If the former, keep in touch! I'm putting together a Cavalry group to move troops to ships and planets during the op so maybe we can work together ;)

• Vetera
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • The Savior
Reply #5
I have my own organization, but it's only me. I haven't kept up lately to do recruitment drives. Fighting for OPF, though, just assign me somewhere.
- Mahatma Gandhi