Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: OPPF Weekend Operations (Read 8658 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: OPPF Weekend Operations
Reply #25
Here is a quick sample. I am sending this to Crow as well.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #26
I'm up for the 26th and can stream, although I have no followers can't hurt :)

https://www.twitch.tv/spacetwitch_reaper

This is a community event, so everyone who wants to participate is welcome! I'll add your name to the list up top for confirmed.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #27
Here is a quick sample. I am sending this to Crow as well.

Hmmm, I guess as of right now I am kind of hosting it. I won't be able to livestream however, because the internet in Idaho is got damn awful (5mbs down, 0.7 up), but I should probably be on comms. Guess I should get my mouse and mic fixed.

We probably don't want the logo behind the names. If we get enough people, it could look like quite the mess. Maybe just stick with the simple black background with the logo prominently displayed at the top.

• Fluffypinkbunny
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #28
On the 26th I can't make it ::(

• Reaper
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #29
Hey Ben,

Am I right on the time 00:00 gmt ?

• Fluffypinkbunny
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #30
I can stream, if there is a Channel that can host, I can set a schedule and try to stream all "oppf" times that I can go to (and for that matter any time I do play.
check out my channel, twitch.tv/fluffypinkbunny look at some of my recordings, see if you like my channel. I am always up to suggestions, and the channel is constantly evolving.

Reply #31
We probably don't want the logo behind the names. If we get enough people, it could look like quite the mess. Maybe just stick with the simple black background with the logo prominently displayed at the top.
is this what you are referring to? Or do you want it even above the event text? The logo would have to be pretty small for that unless I redo the font on everything.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #32
On the 26th I can't make it ::(

Ah, shucks! We'll be doing two next month as well, Fluffy, so hopefully you'll be able to make one of them. For right now we'll just run with the live streamers, just because this is the first time and we may need to make changes on the fly.

Hey Ben,
Am I right on the time 00:00 gmt ?
I'm thinking that might bee too early for Europe, and too late on a Friday for the US.  I'm thinking more evening Europe, early afternoon for the US. If we start getting enough people, we might just start having two blocks that run.

is this what you are referring to? Or do you want it even above the event text? The logo would have to be pretty small for that unless I redo the font on everything.

I'm trying to think how it would look for anyone who's color blind, is all. Some of those colors overlap for folks like that I think. I'm thinking the logo separate from the lettering.
  • Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:24:58 PM by Benjamin the Rogue

Reply #33
I'm trying to think how it would look for anyone who's color blind, is all. Some of those colors overlap for folks like that I think. I'm thinking the logo separate from the lettering.

Alternatively,

• Kon Ellin
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #34

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #35
Looking great, guys. But let's not start advertising them until Monday. I want to make sure WTFosaurus and Pixelmasane are cleared first. Pixel said she'd like to, but she needs more info first, and I have to get the time to WTF still.

Now that we have the poster templates done, let's talk times. Anyone have any good suggestions? I'm thinking starting 1200 Eastern, that would be about 1700 Europe time.

Reply #36
Damn fine work, Crow. That time sounds fine. So what exactly are we doing anyways lol

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #37
Damn fine work, Crow. That time sounds fine. So what exactly are we doing anyways lol

Patrols! Haha. Actually, if we fill up a server, it'd be fun to do some unorganized Asteroid racing. Use some people's ships as race points. Some shenanigans with guns as well.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #38
Next month we should have 2.3, and STARFARERS, so I imagine that will be when things start to get really crazy.

Reply #39
Some FPS battles on the SF would be cool. We would all have to cruise out from Port O together so that no one could find us.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #40
Some FPS battles on the SF would be cool. We would all have to cruise out from Port O together so that no one could find us.

I think some FPS among the asteroids might be fun as well, if not really confusing, haha.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #41
After this weekend, I want to start planning for the next events for the 9th and the 23rd.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #42
Ok, so I got elected to represent my district in the nation caucus, so I'm going to start being a lot more busy as we get closer to the summer. Hopefully we'll have more volunteers helping with this project.

• Reaper
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #43
Ok, so I got elected to represent my district in the nation caucus, so I'm going to start being a lot more busy as we get closer to the summer. Hopefully we'll have more volunteers helping with this project.

No problem i can help organise I have 95% of OP on my friends list so I can send out pm's and I can stream.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #44
No problem i can help organise I have 95% of OP on my friends list so I can send out pm's and I can stream.

That'll be good. We should consider this a prototype event. We need ideas for organizing as much as we need people.

Also, I just realized I completely failed to send WTF the link to this forum like I was supposed to. Somehow it didn't make it into the messages I sent him. So he probably won't make it this weekend. That's on me though.

• Ma_Wo
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #45
I'll be on. Bringing a potential of 16 followers :D
https://www.twitch.tv/ma_wo

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #46
It was a bit of a mess on the livestreaming side, but I think it was a great success in getting a lot of people together for the event. I want to start planning for the next event, the one on the 9th. I want a people to start finding Livestreamers and folks who record content for Youtube to start being more of a part of this, so we need to build a list.

I'll build the list here with this post and edit it as we get more people. Start talking to people who livestream and asking them if they'd be interested in participating. And lets organize it a little bit more as well. Hopefully next time we do this on the 9th they drop another patch on us the same day again.

Reply #47
So idea of thing we can do

- Defend kareah ( like we do everyday XD), maybe seeing is some org want to challenge, Rule would be, killed ship don t come back for the figth, winning org defend station for second round

- Race around yela ( just have to say clock with or something ( but may be a bit dull as it is quite long even in cruise)

- catch the pirate : one player ( or more?) goes of and try to turn all comm array down, other have to find him and kill him, they can turn array on only if go the pirate

as for meet up point i would suggest covalex or one of the cryastro, to avoid fighting zone

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #48
Actually, I think I'm going to start a new thread so we can have a better organized OP. I'll share the link for the next one right I get it up. But it will have to be in the morning. I've already stayed up way too late.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #49