Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Remove the Contributor rank? (Read 1128 times) previous topic - next topic

Remove the Contributor rank?
I suspect I know the answer to this one (most will probably rather see it gone), but I figure we should get community input first.

The idea behind 'contributor' was just to recognize people who have done something... the problem, however, is that as Pitchfork grows, it's going to get increasingly unwieldy. I had an idea for it that became rather moot once multiple orgs became possible.

We may still end up with Sailor67's original 'third rank' plan, which was to highlight those organization representatives responsible for actually coordinating the assault with us and each other.

Comments are of course welcome.

• ~L~
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
  • Research and Development
Re: Remove the Contributor rank?
Reply #1
IF we limit it to strong contributions such as what ArbitraySketch and lelePL nave done for example we could keep it. Rather than just handing it out to anyone who has made even a small contribution. That being said, if we got rid of it I don't think it would present a big issue with anyone in particular especially if we use the new Pitchfork Newsletter to write small dedications to contributors.

Reply #2
The problem is judging it. It is one thing to give someone a role that is a function of what they need to accomplish their tasks. It is another thing entirely to hand out subjective awards. : /

• ~L~
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
  • Research and Development
Reply #3
Hence why I said getting rid of it wouldn't be an issue and using the Picthfork Newsletter to shine the spotlight on significant contributions instead would work. Probably better than some subjective award. I only stated the first as I wanted to present all decent alternative options for it as it encourages participation. And keeps morale up when recognition is given for those significant contributions and services, even if it is simply a mention of that individual and their contributions in a dedicated newsletter.

Reply #4
Why not just link it to the number of posts on this site? Make x number of posts you become a contributor. But only if it can be easily automated. If it can't then I would agree we should probably just delete it.
Pitchfork Belongs to all of us

Reply #5
Well the software already gives a title based on postcount.

• mediaflare
  • [*][*][*]
  • Administrative
  • Skyhound United - Leader
Reply #6

Why not just link it to the number of posts on this site? Make x number of posts you become a contributor. But only if it can be easily automated. If it can't then I would agree we should probably just delete it.

Currently our post counts are tied to our "probably human, definitely human" titles

And I wouldn't be bothered so much with the loss of rank, as the "Forker Spotlight" section in the newsletter is a better idea. More engaging with all our allies, more fun, and everyone loves getting a name drop hehe