Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Official CIG word! (Read 6067 times) previous topic - next topic

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Re: Official CIG word!
Reply #25

I served in the Terran-Kilrathi war, don't expect me to run away from this party! :D

I served in both the Terran-Vasudan and the GTVA-Shivan wars. After doing a solo run on a Ravana class Destroyer in a GTB Artemis D.H. and surviving, I can take anything the universe throws at me.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #26

I served in both the Terran-Vasudan and the GTVA-Shivan wars. After doing a solo run on a Ravana class Destroyer in a GTB Artemis D.H. and surviving, I can take anything the universe throws at me.

Terran-Vasudan and GTVA-Shivan war veterans have got to represent.

*fistbump*

• Talkyn
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #27
They will be ready for us will they?  This is beginning to sound like it will have more to do with chess that I would have previously expected.

I'm going to have to spend some time trying to rub shoulders with command where I can.  If the devs plan to be ready for us, I say we will have to come up with more than a few surprises for them.  Scouting out the locations and strengths of their fleets may be of utmost importance.

In short, BRING IT ON!

• ArbitrarySketch
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #28
I hope the systems are not set to have a certain number of Vanduul ships, and then more are indefinitely flown in as they get destroyed.  That would suck.

Medals, Ribbons, T-Shirts, Patches, Coins, Pins available!!

Be sure to add your ships, resources, and organization to the Operation: Pitchfork Assets List

• Talkyn
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #29

I hope the systems are not set to have a certain number of Vanduul ships, and then more are indefinitely flown in as they get destroyed.  That would suck.

I think you answered that question already with, "That would suck".

We should have more faith in CR and the CIG team then that!  I'm sure this event will be meticulously planned by them for the ultimate goal of us having fun.

I hope it's hard as hell.  I hope a ton of us get blown into smitheries.  I hope we take ground and lose it to counter-attacks.  I hope this goes down the the history of SC and is never forgotten.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #30
I too, have the same high hopes.

If we can't succeed in taking Orion, I look forward dying in a glorious last stand, burning ships as far as the eye can see.

• ps1ho
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #31
and remember, in fiction, everything they do is in fiction

you can bet your asses we will have monuments with our callsigns writen on them

Reply #32
I'm not afraid.

If CIG is willing to play fair (as I'm assuming they will), there's simply no way the Vanduul can win.

Think about this:

• Earth is protected with 4 Bengal Carriers at all time (this is said in one of the lore articles somewhere).
  • Assume the Vanduul protect their capital the same way, that means 4 Vanduul carriers.
  • Each Vanduul carrier has 300 scythes in it with only 1/3 actually battle ready (according to another article somewhere).
  • Lets multiply by 3 per ship category: 4 carriers, 12 heavy cruisers, 36 cruisers, 108 destroyers, 324 minor vessels.

That gives us an approximate number of Vanduul vessels in what could be considered a "high-value" system for them. Considering Vanduul clan behavior and logistical problems, I'm guessing it should be way less than that but lets work with full numbers for the sake of theorizing.

Vanduul Estimate Fleet: 484 + 300 (100 scythes per carrier) = 784 vessels.
    Operation Pitchfork Estimate Fleet: 1500+ vessels and counting.

Lets not forget that, unlike the Vanduul, our ships get replaced almost right away and the fact that - if we play smart - our supply lines are much better than theirs.

Like Illidan said...

They are not prepared.
It's a penguin... with a gun. I'd run if I were you.

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #33
DeathCall, you just gave me a beautiful surge of confidence. This does assume they follow a *3 rule though.

Reply #34
Seems they've got more heavy cap ships atm, although that could change if we make an effort to gather a few, but currently 108 destroyers vs our 16 corvettes doesn't look good. However, we do have an extremely bomber-heavy force, so I reckon we're in with a chance  ;)

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #35
Our numbers will grow though and we 'should' have some destroyers and the like of our own by the time OPPF comes around.

I'll be interested to see how many bombers it realistically takes to guarantee the elimination of a Destroyer when Beta comes out.

• JackDaniels
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Former - Shout Box Lurker & Forum - Admin
Reply #36

Lets not forget that, unlike the Vanduul, our ships get replaced almost right away and the fact that - if we play smart - our supply lines are much better than theirs.

I don't mean to stab that thought bubble with a hot poker. But, you do realize there is an insurance turn over rate, for claim's.

I would like to quote an article found on the RSI Comm-link release covering LTI clarification for a portion of your comment. We still have to wait for a replacement ship, not instant. As you continue to loose the same ship repeatedly you have to wait even longer for a replacement, that is covered in all Insurance Policies.

For anything on how the games Economy is planned to work please visit this comm-link:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/13128-The-Star-Citizen-Economy

We want to be absolutely clear that Standard Hull Insurance, which offers the same exact protection, is available to all players in the game. Players simply need to continue to renew it with credits earned in-game. LTI is intended to make this more convenient for our early backers, not to unbalance the game in any way. Insurance does not negate the cost of repairing, rearming or docking your ship. It protects your hull in its current condition and does not allow you to explode a beaten up ship to exchange for a fresh one at no cost.
Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12986-Lifetime-Insurance-Clarification
2j0kx3s.png" width="490

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #37
At the moment we have no idea what the wait times are going to be like as we continue to lose our ships over and over. The first ship replacement could very well be instant, but after that I expect the delay to increase rapidly.
Tumbleweeds. A Lone Wolves inspired org.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TUMBLWEEDS

Reply #38

I don't mean to stab that thought bubble with a hot poker. But, you do realize there is an insurance turn over rate, for claim's.

I would like to quote an article found on the RSI Comm-link release covering LTI clarification for a portion of your comment. We still have to wait for a replacement ship, not instant. As you continue to loose the same ship repeatedly you have to wait even longer for a replacement, that is covered in all Insurance Policies.

For anything on how the games Economy is planned to work please visit this comm-link:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/13128-The-Star-Citizen-Economy
Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12986-Lifetime-Insurance-Clarification

This is why, on my battle plan, I proposed we begin stockpiling materials (ships included) way before the operation launches.

Regarding the *3 rule, I took WW2 fleet formations as an example. Frankly, with the state of current ship development, I don't think there will be as many variations of Vanduul ships for a long while, hell, we haven't even seen a Vanduul Carrier in-engine yet...
It's a penguin... with a gun. I'd run if I were you.