Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Audio/Visual propaganda (Read 1349 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio/Visual propaganda
Didn't see an existing thread for this, sorry if there's already one and I missed it. Mods should feel free to kill and transfer this thread into existing others if there is one.

Basically a thread for war speeches and fleet broadcasts we're intending to make or distribute pre-O:P. A C+P from my post at RSI:

Well, since people have been posting them already on the RSI thread, I've been working on a fleet broadcast speech for the commencement. Mostly original, but I borrow from a few of histories big ones:

Friends. Pilots. Humans!

Today, we say to the UEE that we will no longer be forced from our colonies by the Vanduul scum.

Today, we say no longer will we fall back as the Vanduul take our homes. We say tot eh UEE that no longer will we accept their passive acceptance of Vanduul attacks on our families.

Today, we draw a line in the sand and we say to the Vanduul THIS far! NO further! We will show them that if they attack us, THEY MUST PAY.

That we will not surrender meekly to the darkness. That they must pay for EVERY inch of space taken from us in THEIR blood!

We fly forth to meet the enemy and teach him fear. We go not merely as an armed mob but as a unified force, abandoned by its government - as a band of brothers and we will scream into the black:

On this day we will show the Vanduul what it means to enrage the Human race!

Bit of a work in progress thus far, but the idea is that I'll record it with (probably bagpipe) war music playing as a backdrop then try to add an effect so it sounds like the old WW2 radio speeches..      Hunter has also suggested I get in contact with RPGeesus for this as well, so I'll get in contact with him
  • Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:00:58 PM by AdmlBaconStraps
Redback Company: First ones in, last ones out.

Org Page: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/AUSREDBACK

• Harker
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Re: Motivational Speeches
Reply #1
If everyone who wants to make a speech is allowed, the servers will shut down before we set off XD

I'd like to see some serious, military style briefings for different squadrons and player roles the week before we set off though.

Reply #2
Yeah... leave speeches to individual groups. Briefings is where the gold is at. If we can get someone to actually do some video-briefings, not only will we be able to organize everyone better, but we might even attract more pilots to the operation.
It's a penguin... with a gun. I'd run if I were you.

Reply #3
Probably a poorly named thread (I was in a bit of a hurry at the time).

Probably should be encompassing of all audio/visual propaganda stuff.. I'll rename when I get a minute

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #4
If we get OPPF patches made beforehand, we can have the briefings given by officers in their flightsuits with the OPPF patch and their own unit patches sewn onto the flight suits. If we combined this with a green screen, I feel this would add to the immersion.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #5
Coming soon to Broadway, Operation Pitchfork, the play of the century!

Wait...no I didn't suggest that. Shank will probably start trying to hire actors if he saw this.

• Talkyn
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #6
I, for one, like it AdmlBaconStraps!

I disagree that formal briefings are the route to enlist more pilots to the cause.  People really are motivated beyond reason by a good pep-talk.  Bonus points if you can get them to laugh and feel like they are going to ride dragons and conquer a small army apiece before you point them in the right direction.

This suicidal zeal is magnified in a video game where the consequences of death are never final.

I mean who doesn't want to follow Leonidas after his war-speeches?  He makes dining in hell sound very appealing.

Picking of Nits: "We say tot eh UEE that no longer..."

• Harker
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #7
I'm not saying one or the other, but I think it's important to have formal briefings for players to know clearly what their role is. Sort of like a quick "go-to" guide for when they're thick in the action but not sure what to do next.

Reply #8
No, Harker has a point. We'll need something like that as a guide at the very least for the lone wolves, although I think it's probably more related to the tactical discussions - this is more on the artwork side of things like the manifesto or the posters but in A/V form.

**Edit: Changed title of the thread for clarification