Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Teamspeak or Mumble Server Support (Read 4681 times) previous topic - next topic

• Harker
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Re: Teamspeak or Mumble Server Support
Reply #25
With the number of players involved, we're going to need a lot of rebroadcasters to get optimal coverage. I'd imagine a couple every instance minimum, so with a thousand players that would be forty rebroadcasters (50 ships / 2 rebroadcasters per instance).

@Jayhawk I'm mainly suggesting that command and communication should be decentralised and streamlined. It'll be much more robust and effective with a large, disorganised group of players.

• JayHawk
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #26
Like I said we're not making any decisions until we've played the game. No one in this operation has experience in commanding this amount of players across several instances and relaying all the communications. We might get a better idea during the DFM and Alpha, but certainly not now.

This discussion is just people's opinions which aren't based off fact because, as I said, we've not played SC yet. You can carry on arguing your point but it's not really to any benefit right now.

• Harker
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #27
No-one has experience commanding large groups of players in Star Citizen, you mean. Experience leading players in online games is more or less universal, and players who have that experience will  be especially valuable in the operation.
  • Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:54:57 PM by Harker

• SSandoey
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #28
Lets just say we organize this as an actual war OP:) where command makes desisions and relay them to the battalion leaders, battalion leaders relay that message to squad leaders in their battalion, squad leaders relay to squad (or battlegroup if you will) all relative intel/progress gets relayed back the same line.. then it will be very important for command to keep small notes of each message they recieved and gave out. Each order/info is to be repeated back to the sender so that sender can report back to command as fast as possible that the order is understood and relayed. Squads need to be in contact with eachother to properly evaluate the situation and prepare for any incoming hostiles. You can offcourse increase the amount of chains but less links less chance of things getting lost in translation. This does however meen that command has to try and keep a strategic image over the battlefield available at all times so that they can allmost in realtime se what is going on.
Im sorry if what any of you ment exactly what i posted, just wanted to input my opinion and experience with this type of structure:)

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #29
We've actually gotten way off topic in this thread, because I wasn't being careful. This is just for the hardware side of stuff like Mumble and Team Speak, not the organization of players.

We have just the one dedicated Mumble server for OPPF right now. Who else has resources they can commit to this?

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #30
The DSA currently has a small TS3 server which we use but we would be able to expand it to carry 512 people if we had some donations to cover the extra cost.

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #31
Ok. I will try to organize the first post to better keep track what we have available, and who is offering it.

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #32
Its currently a 36 person server.

• Animus
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #33
64.32.167.18:8085  Redwing teamspeak available for OPF!

25 man but we can ramp it up if necessary