Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Vanduul fighter wing for dogfighting? (Read 3455 times) previous topic - next topic

• Moose
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Vanduul fighter wing for dogfighting?
. . .yes. .  we have no idea how the dogfighting module will work . .but it's fun to wonder.

I know we're all looking forward to the dogfigthing module at the end of this year.  I'm wondering if the other vanduul figther owners in operation pitchfork would want to form a small vanduul wing - not for the actual operation (friendly fire. . would be a nightmare)- but so that our other forkers could gather experience fighting actual vanduul ships with their unique properties.  This would benefit the operation as well as us.

Any thoughts?

Keep on Forkin!

Re: Vanduul fighter wing for dogfighting?
Reply #1
Count me in, although I fear we won't see our scythes in the DFM, just looking at the hangar module, we will get the 5 base ships, the Avenger and maybe the Cutlass.
Pitchfork Belongs to all of us

• PvtHike
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #2

. . .yes. .  we have no idea how the dogfighting module will work . .but it's fun to wonder.

I know we're all looking forward to the dogfigthing module at the end of this year.  I'm wondering if the other vanduul figther owners in operation pitchfork would want to form a small vanduul wing - not for the actual operation (friendly fire. . would be a nightmare)- but so that our other forkers could gather experience fighting actual vanduul ships with their unique properties.  This would benefit the operation as well as us.

Any thoughts?

Keep on Forkin!

An aggressor squadron would be fantastic.  I don't have a Scythe, but I'd be quite happy to start trading blows with them as soon as possible.

Reply #3
I'll be taking scythe for spin anyway, so yes I'm in.

• Moose
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #4
Nice Shadow, that's 3 of us so far.  Should be fun for pilots to try to tangle with a few of us.  Good to work on evading our blades (and good for us to work on ramming/weapon alignment)

• JackDaniels
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Former - Shout Box Lurker & Forum - Admin
Reply #5
I thought they said we was suppose to be able to access and try out every ship for the dogfight?

I know I had a link to a chat roll that answered this but I will see if I can find it again... when I get home this evening.
2j0kx3s.png" width="490

• Dihm
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • The Skjaldborg - Speaker of the Word
Reply #6
I'm wait-listed currently, but if I end up with one, I'd be game for Aggressor

Otäck "Dihm" Kulandinglar
Leader of the Skjaldborg
Speaker of the Word

• PvtHike
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #7

I'm wait-listed currently, but if I end up with one, I'd be game for Aggressor

Oddball!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lELZMc7mvgw

Reply #8

I thought they said we was suppose to be able to access and try out every ship for the dogfight?

I know I had a link to a chat roll that answered this but I will see if I can find it again... when I get home this evening.

Here is the quote
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/67258/access-to-ships-during-df-alpha/p1

Through what this means in practice, we do not know.

• Moose
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #9
I think it's a good bet that they'll let folks play starter package ships: Avenger, Aurora, Hornet, Freelancer, Connie, 300
The others will probably come over time

Reply #10

Any thoughts?

Keep on Forkin!

+1 great idea

Reply #11
I don't have a scythe but it would be awesome to face off against one. ;D

Reply #12
One idea that was floated elsewhere (Not mine I need to go dig out whose it was to give him/her credit), was that we you tube the recordings of the fights so we can do post analysis and pass the lessons learned to pilots who did not have an opportunity to fly..   

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #13
As I think has been said elsewhere, it would be good to do an anti-scythe training video so people know what they're capable of and how to handle them.

Edit: Damn, Sailor beat me to it!

Reply #14
Ninjad!  ;D

• Ratu
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #15
The space ninja got me! I had this image of you in a ghost hornet firing shuriken XD

Reply #16
 ;)

• Talkyn
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #17
I wonder if we can use a mod to give us access to scythes easily...

Of course I've read conflicting things about what ships we will be able to fly in the DFM.  Some sources say everything, while others say only our pledge ships.

Reply #18
I heard CR say interview early what we own, but that might have changed. We still don't have a confirmed list of ships that will be ready for the DFM... 

• Moose
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #19
I've heard mixed reports as well.  One was from Wingman in a Wingman's Hangover a few months back.  I asked him about the status of the Dogfighting Mod (this was before the Hanger Mod shipped).  Wingman said that it worked, but that it wasn't fun to play at that moment.  They were starting to realize, given the fan interest, that they have to make what they release to the community both fun and helpful - fun for us and helpful for them in making the game. 

He continued to say that they were thinking about limiting the kind of ships folks will be able to dogfight in when it first ships to those ships that they've worked out well. . .maybe just the Hornet at first.  . but then expanding to what we have in our hangers.

Granted this was just his comments, in a hangover, a few months back.  Things may have changed, but then if they haven't it'd certainly match what they've released so far regarding the Hanger mod and it's gradual expansion of additional ships as they polish them up.

The idea of a Vanduul wing preBeta certainly hangs on us being able to fly them. . .so that might be a good "when" for the implementation of this part of the plan.   The "Aggressor Wing" flight plan will be implemented when the Aggressor wing is available to fly . .. something like that ?  I hope that'd be in January, but it might be March or April (dates just my conjecture).

Reply #20
@Moose

Totally agree and is inline with what I was thinking, fly when we can.

• tosk
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #21
Well I have a scythe I'll be using if anybody wants to practice.

Reply #22
Welcome tosk

Edit: The PBR video rocked I hope you guys were as blown away as I was
  • Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:03:45 AM by sailor67

• Moose
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #23
Welcome Tosk.  The more the better for the operation.  That PBR video they released on last WMH means we'll have a pretty good looking fighter wing.

Gonna be a thrill of a ride.

Reply #24
Just putting this down: It has been confirmed that the Scythe probably won't be playable in the initial launch, but AI will control it. But I'm betting it'll be one of the first ships added after the first batch.

• tosk
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #25
So apparently there could potentially be a lot more people test flying a Vanduul Scythe.

IMPERATOR (BASE)

"VANDUUL TEST PILOT" badge allowing access to fly the Vanduul Scythe during the upcoming Dogfighting Module test phase. Each month gives an additional 24 hours of access to the Scythe!

Reply #26
that is totally awesome, the sooner the better

Reply #27
With that it seems I will be able to help out with the aggressor squadron after all; sign me up.

Reply #28
Read that :) awesome.