Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Priority mission, Find the derilict carriers, and re-arm them for the fight (Read 1495 times) previous topic - next topic

Priority mission, Find the derilict carriers, and re-arm them for the fight
this will require some coordination, to scout the far reaches of the game, locate, repair, and rearm every carrier and destroyer that we can find for the push of Operation Pitchfork.

A carrier can help solve several logitistical issues, a landing bay to refuel, repair and rearm.  Its cargo hold could be filled to capacity with fuel and munitions.  And its main gun is not a small shot.

The destroyers will also help in the push for raw tonnage of fire directed down range.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Re: Priority mission, Find the derilict carriers, and re-arm them for the fight
Reply #1
While I agree that getting a carrier will immensely help the Pitchfork Armada, I just think that if we did recover a carrier, it might be wrecked beyond our ability to repair it, both in terms of repair facilities, and in finance.
United Space Confederation Envoy to Operation Pitchfork
Envoy, USC
XO, USC Defense Force Training Command
Member, USC Interstellar Commerce
Member, USC Expeditionary Corps
Member, USC Department of Aerospace Engineering

Aurora LX (Traveller's Tales)
Anvil F7C-M (Ares' Gauntlet)
Anvil Carrack (Grey-Eyed Goddess)
Aegis Vanguard (Hero for Hire)
Anvil Crucible (Rustoff)

Reply #2
true, it could be beyond repair or too costly to bring it back into service, but the cost depends on just how high the repair bill is in the game.  it could be reasionable if say a gun running cartel wanted to retrofit it.

and even if they are too far gone, it could still have a lot of salvage to finance other ventures.

• Andy_H
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • NMC Ambassasdor.
Reply #3
Also keep in mind we are going to have to be testing out board and capture mechanics in the weeks/months leading up to pitchfork. We may or may not have to go that route depending on how the derelict format works. It may be that derelicts are ships that are simply too wrecked to be repaired.

But I would agree that finding a solution to support the large numbers of short range fighters should be a priority. I don't think our Idris fleet will cut it.

• DrathV
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #4
Logistics will require that as you push into enemy territory you will need to understand the technology they are using  *this is information the Banu have* and gather all resources that can be taken from the enemy to use against them.
The ability to resupply will be limited by 2 factors one being distance the other time.

This is one reason I proposed to take a Vanduul Kingship but any and all captured units can be used not only to engage the enemy but confuse him.
It will just be a matter of needing to set up some sort of recognition so that our units don't engage our units by mistake.

Reply #5
Obviously I think it would be awesome to have a carrier, but what are the odds that CIG are going to let people get that kind of a head start on the game in Beta? People that are waiting in line to get in after beta are going to be kind of pissed.
Also, we havent got a snowballs chance of keeping it, even if we get one. We are an event, not a real org. We have no means of keeping it manned, or plan for using it after the event. A small band of fortune seekers would easily take it off of our hands either by force or subterfuge. This is not an exclusive org by any stretch of the imagination. In fact a fair share of our members are self appointed criminals. They could pretty much just fly in and land, walk up to the bridge, shoot whoever is sitting in the chair and fly off with it.

• TrItOn
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #6
lol, "shoot the person in the chair and fly off with it..."
well, Our little group at <Spectre> gaming will have a few explore ships out there and keeping fingers crossed...
Would be really interesting to see someone try that above mentioned thing considering the group of peeps gathered here and the view of commaradery i see forming. I bet he wouldn't sit down before he took a few dozen to the head!
Kisses!
שם טוב ולא להיבחר מאשר עושר גדול, ואוהב לטובת ולא כסף וזהב. kJV Proverbs 22:1

• zimmah
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #7
as someone who will specialize in engineering in game, I would be glad to patch up any ship that could be of use in OPPF.

Just bring them to my hangar and I will repair them as quickly and efficiently as possible.