Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Who gets to be at the top? Theoretical discussion on leaders and choosing them (Read 4257 times) previous topic - next topic

• Talkyn
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Re: Who gets to be at the top? Theoretical discussion on leaders and choosing them
Reply #25
That's exactly what I am trying to say, Harker and Jonais.  It's at least a very similar sentiment.

It's very likely that a ton of unaffiliated players will be naturally mobbing up or cruising around in small groups.  The best way to reach these players, after informing them there is an out-of-game command-channel they are welcome to tap into, is to relay them simple bytes of info through the in-game chat.  As Harker and I discussed earlier in this thread, a 'crier' bearing news and stirring up the group to take a action, especially after an objective was just met and now they are all unsure what to do next, will be very effective in maintaining momentum through the event.

All I was attempting to do was play a bit of a devil's advocate and remind everyone not to try to push unaffiliated players around.  It seems like that isn't the intention of anyone here, which is good.  I won't pretend I know the best way to do any of this, I just want to make sure we consider this from all angles.

The instance/matchmaking system will wreak havoc on our MMO-based assumptions, that's for sure!  I foresee the need for this discussion all over again once we know how that will work in detail.

• Jonais
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Re: Who gets to be at the top? Theoretical discussion on leaders and choosing them
Reply #26
Yeah, no doubt, although I imagine there will be a system-wide channel, similar to what they had in freelancer, that we can utilize for mass updates/directives, but it may get a bit overcrowded so we'll need to think of a backup
Tumbleweeds. A Lone Wolves inspired org.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TUMBLWEEDS

• JackDaniels
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Former - Shout Box Lurker & Forum - Admin
Reply #27

Yeah, no doubt, although I imagine there will be a system-wide channel, similar to what they had in freelancer, that we can utilize for mass updates/directives, but it may get a bit overcrowded so we'll need to think of a backup

Some of us in The Convoy have been talking about a possible chance to have our own Channel or something if the game would allow it... but you would still have to account for the time and distance of a message sent for it to get to everyone.

As for right now I honestly think most messages will be handled through the Mobi-glass so I am sure you may get the chance to filter out a few things or two at some point.
2j0kx3s.png" width="490