Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: JackDaniels' Proposal (Read 1501 times) previous topic - next topic

• JackDaniels
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Former - Shout Box Lurker & Forum - Admin
JackDaniels' Proposal
Using that same map like we talked about in the Chat roll (http://starcitizen.mojoworld.com/StarMap/)

We said for phase one of the assaults. For the First plan was...
Virgil to test the system and the Vanduul for what they could do.
After taking Virgil we begin our assaults on Vendetta and Caliban.
After the securing of Vendetta and Caliban, forces in Caliban proceed to assault and secure Vanguard.
While forces in Virgil and Vendetta proceed to assault Tiber together.
Once both Vanguard and Tiber are secured all remaining forces force an assault on Orion.

More plans for different details will be flushed out later but this is the assault phase I have planned.
1) Virgil (Supply Fleets in Nul and Kellog if system can be secured)
2) Vendetta and Caliban (Re-supply fleet that captured Virgil)
3) Vanguard and Tiber (Vendetta Fleet search for Jump points before joining in Tiber)
4) Orion
  • Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 02:45:34 PM by JackDaniels
2j0kx3s.png" width="490

Re: JackDaniels' Proposal
Reply #1
We already know (or presume) that the Vanduul will outnumber us greatly. While I understand the value of intelligence, and agree we should try to get as much of it as we can, why waste our forces in such diversions when the only thing we'll achieve will be depleting our resources?

I believe that we should aim for systems with either strategic, logistical or economical value. And we can't get everything in one go or we'll spread ourselves thin.
It's a penguin... with a gun. I'd run if I were you.

• JackDaniels
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #2

We already know (or presume) that the Vanduul will outnumber us greatly. While I understand the value of intelligence, and agree we should try to get as much of it as we can, why waste our forces in such diversions when the only thing we'll achieve will be depleting our resources?

I believe that we should aim for systems with either strategic, logistical or economical value. And we can't get everything in one go or we'll spread ourselves thin.

This is after all a proposed plan for those involved that wish to follow it. As for right now I am working on the idea of a game Testing phase to be included in this Operation... Due to lack of intel we have so far we can still get those that want to start in Kellog to come flying in with Anti-matter Supplies through Vendetta, from the current lore in the system listings. while also having many different attack positions for Tiber and the individuals in good standing with the UEE can join the fight.
2j0kx3s.png" width="490

Reply #3
I have to agree with Deathcall here. We're going to be outnumbered enough as is, and our forces will be habitually disorganized, which means having so many moving parts will only hurt us more. Furthermore, protecting multiple supply lines will just hurt our actions at the front.
United Space Confederation Envoy to Operation Pitchfork
Envoy, USC
XO, USC Defense Force Training Command
Member, USC Interstellar Commerce
Member, USC Expeditionary Corps
Member, USC Department of Aerospace Engineering

Aurora LX (Traveller's Tales)
Anvil F7C-M (Ares' Gauntlet)
Anvil Carrack (Grey-Eyed Goddess)
Aegis Vanguard (Hero for Hire)
Anvil Crucible (Rustoff)

Reply #4
It would be doable for small tactical units though. If the idea is to gather intel, you could try to ask for people who like doing recon and see if they are interested.
It's a penguin... with a gun. I'd run if I were you.

Reply #5

It would be doable for small tactical units though. If the idea is to gather intel, you could try to ask for people who like doing recon and see if they are interested.

Oh sure, absolutely. Small unit ops like recon or raiding can be done by just asking around. Its large-scale ops where there will be problems.
United Space Confederation Envoy to Operation Pitchfork
Envoy, USC
XO, USC Defense Force Training Command
Member, USC Interstellar Commerce
Member, USC Expeditionary Corps
Member, USC Department of Aerospace Engineering

Aurora LX (Traveller's Tales)
Anvil F7C-M (Ares' Gauntlet)
Anvil Carrack (Grey-Eyed Goddess)
Aegis Vanguard (Hero for Hire)
Anvil Crucible (Rustoff)

• JackDaniels
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
Reply #6

Oh sure, absolutely. Small unit ops like recon or raiding can be done by just asking around. Its large-scale ops where there will be problems.

Actually the plan is built around the idea that we will have MANY different groups wanting to do their own things and starting from different locations.

FOR example: Pirate or those with the SHADY side of the law will not be able to join us freely in the UEE systems. They could setup in Nul if they wanted to join this operation. Those that want to stay away from the main group could setup further along the line to take over Vendetta away from the main forces if they wanted to.

The thing with my plan is more for player's to be getting a general feel of location of all assault plans from other organization that wish to join the operation.

Because, we are also testing the game in the process of this game I still feel that we have to much info missing from the game right now to really NAIL a plan to the wall. But, if anything its better then a plan scribbled on a Bar Napkin.... *throws Napkin in trash*

Right now I am still on a wait and see but if anything using Virgil as a Staging area for late comer's and supplies could be interesting, but I am still waiting to hear back from Wingman on the possibility to clear out entire systems or being able to hold systems to the point of removing influence of Vanduul from that system, before I flesh out my plan any farther. As for right now this may look like a major pain if we can't and I will be looking at a spearhead plan from the other proposals if the other organizations are interested in them.
2j0kx3s.png" width="490