Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: Flight Night 2.0 (Read 1608 times) previous topic - next topic

Flight Night 2.0
Greetings fellow Forkers.

I'd like to extend an invitation to you all to join the Brown Coats at our weekly Flight Night. FlightNight is a twice weekly Arena Commander event open to all members of the SC community, designed to give players an opportunity to meet those outside their own organizations, improve their skills, or show off for the nuggets. After a long hiatus, the event returns, starting Tuesday, October 14th at 7pm EDT(UTC-4), and continuing every Tuesday and Saturday thereafter!

While we host scheduled games every Tuesday and Saturday*, our voice comms and IRC channel allow pilots to run pick-up games 24/7. We are hoping to build upon the community that grew up around the original FlightNight, so players get a feel for each-other both inside the cockpit and out. Nugget or veteran, future merchant or pirate, all are welcome to join the fun. Governed only by Wheton's Law, there's room for all kinds in our community.

The goal is to expand events as the community grows. We've got a few volunteers already waiting in the wings for more support for a EU/Africa-centric and/or Oceanic-centric events, so if you'd like to see these happen, let us know if you can help. All of us came together due to our excitement at the vision of what Star Citizen can become, and we'd like to give everyone the chance to get involved. And, with the barrier to entry so low, what's stopping you?

TL;DR: Starting Tuesday October 14th and Saturday October 18th, it's game on in Arena commander. Download mumble, come join the voice server, and get into the action!

EDIT: for quick reference, here's the ugly, forum version of the schedule:
   Event                           LA                     NYC                     Berlin                   Beijing                 Sydney
Americas Primetime  Tuesday 1600   Tuesday 1900   Wednesday 0100   Wednesday 0700   Wednesday 0900
Weekend Multi-TZ   Saturday 1000   Saturday 1300   Saturday 1900       Sunday 0100           Sunday 0300

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/185450/event-flightnight-2-0-multiple-weekly-events-to-meet-your-fellow-pilots/p1
  • Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:44:31 AM by GryphonOsiris

Re: Flight Night 2.0
Reply #1

Greetings fellow Forkers.

I'd like to extend an invitation to you all to join the Brown Coats at our weekly Flight Night. FlightNight is a twice weekly Arena Commander event open to all members of the SC community, designed to give players an opportunity to meet those outside their own organizations, improve their skills, or show off for the nuggets. After a long hiatus, the event returns, starting Tuesday, October 14th at 7pm EDT(UTC-4), and continuing every Tuesday and Saturday thereafter!

While we host scheduled games every Tuesday and Saturday*, our voice comms and IRC channel allow pilots to run pick-up games 24/7. We are hoping to build upon the community that grew up around the original FlightNight, so players get a feel for each-other both inside the cockpit and out. Nugget or veteran, future merchant or pirate, all are welcome to join the fun. Governed only by Wheton's Law, there's room for all kinds in our community.

The goal is to expand events as the community grows. We've got a few volunteers already waiting in the wings for more support for a EU/Africa-centric and/or Oceanic-centric events, so if you'd like to see these happen, let us know if you can help. All of us came together due to our excitement at the vision of what Star Citizen can become, and we'd like to give everyone the chance to get involved. And, with the barrier to entry so low, what's stopping you?

TL;DR: Starting Tuesday October 14th and Saturday October 18th, it's game on in Arena commander. Download mumble, come join the voice server, and get into the action!

EDIT: for quick reference, here's the ugly, forum version of the schedule:
   Event                           LA                     NYC                     Berlin                   Beijing                 Sydney
Americas Primetime  Tuesday 1600   Tuesday 1900   Wednesday 0100   Wednesday 0700   Wednesday 0900
Weekend Multi-TZ   Saturday 1000   Saturday 1300   Saturday 1900       Sunday 0100           Sunday 0300

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/185450/event-flightnight-2-0-multiple-weekly-events-to-meet-your-fellow-pilots/p1

So 100% going to be part of this :)

• Benjamin the Rogue
  • [*][*][*]
  • Staff
Reply #2
I'm probably going to start dropping into these once I've got a few more flights under my belt in the solo flights. Don't want to embarrass myself too much. XD

Reply #3
No worries, we won't hold it against ya, we're doing this as a way for new pilots to learn outside of the cut throat spectrum matches out there.

• mediaflare
  • [*][*][*]
  • Administrative
  • Skyhound United - Leader
Reply #4
If you have need of another pilot in Vanduul swarm, shoot me a message. Though I'd suggest contacting me on the rsi Forum since I refresh that page like every 5 minutes

Reply #5
i keep forgetting we have an actual flight night. i should try to make one of them for once!