Skip to main content You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

WikiFullscreen ChatVoice Chat (Discord)Org PageF.A.Q.

Topic: 3.0 Haystack Exercise (Read 47 times) previous topic - next topic

• RTemple
  • [*][*][*]
  • Enrolled
  • Titan of Jupiter
3.0 Haystack Exercise
With the upcoming public release of 3.0, we are going to see a broad spectrum of features to provide new outlets for game-play and practice.

What I suggest now, is a tentative drill to begin working en mass for the greater collection of OP. This will gather the maximum amount of coordinated players and OP operatives into the servers, to test for functionality, synchronization, and response time.

3.0 Haystack Exercise will take the server player numbers to its limit, as OP members will gather together, and coordinate a massive QJ to a single destination. This may require a number of attempts, as server crashes, massive player lag or computer errors, could impede the exercise.

My proposal is to use the mining planetoid Delamar, where Levski is located, to coordinate a simulated attack. All players, once gathered together on Port Olisar, will then align their QJ starmaps on their mobiglas, and make the jump simultaneously.
The intent here is to observe time displacement between vessel size and destination distance, so as to better accommodate for those who could take longer, or shorter periods of time reaching said destination.
It is also meant to help get everyone on the same page in terms of approaching what will be considered the closest version of an attack we can get.

I would also suggest having 2-4 people both in orbit above Delamar, and on the planetoid itself, to perhaps record the arrival. Someone else can record from the offensive side as their jump to Delamar.

Again, this is a suggestion, but if OP is to be taken seriously, I think larger scaled drills need to be taken, especially when 3.0, which is supposed to be the foundations for the games actual build, is released.

Fun or other beneficial features of practice can be added as well, like everyone firing down on the planet, or having some, or few someones, acting out as enemies in orbit, etc.

Thoughts?
  • Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 01:53:21 PM by RTemple